My friend and I can't find each other on Origin

by Pantry_B0y

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My friend and I can't find each other on Origin

★★★ Newbie

My friend and I are trying to friend each other on the PC Origin app and have been unable to find each other. We've both made sure that we're visible to everyone, searchable by email and username, and have restarted the program manually with no avail. Neither of us have any other Origin friends so we can't go through a third person. I've been searching for a solution for ages and can't find anything that's worked. Does anybody have any advice?

Message 1 of 3 (523 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My friend and I can't find each other on Origin

Hero

I had people make a post here here about this:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Can-t-find-friend-on-origin/td-p/10242337

the issue seems to be solved now.

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (472 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Pantry_B0y  Can you try to Clear Origin Cache and Reset Internet Explorer settings (Origin uses IE, even if you use another browser for daily use) and try to search again? If your friend still does not come up, can you confirm with them if they have made changes to their privacy settings? 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 3 (494 Views)

Hero

I had people make a post here here about this:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Can-t-find-friend-on-origin/td-p/10242337

the issue seems to be solved now.

carbonic signature

Message 3 of 3 (473 Views)