My download speeds are slow, and playing in game I experience lag.

by BowlOPorridge

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My download speeds are slow, and playing in game I experience lag.

★★★ Newbie

I've been trying to download the most recent update for Apex Legends since it dropped (July 3rd in Australia) and its still downloading. It's been downloading at 200-400kb/s, and I've checked to see if it is my connection by downloading other games through Steam and Blizzard and they have all downloaded smoothly at 5mb/s. I've tried everything, from changing the Origin Launcher to R&D Mode, making that absolutely nothing in my house is using the internet to try and speed it up and nothing works. I've asked friends in my area who also play Apex and they experience no issues downloading it, and are on a similar internet connection to me. Why is this happening?

Also, since launch I get terrible lag and packet loss while I play, but again, my friends in the same area as I don't experience this. I checked my firewall and router settings to try and fix both of these issues but nothing has worked.

Is there a solution to this, or do Origins servers hate me specifically?

Message 1 of 4 (474 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My download speeds are slow, and playing in game I experience lag.

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @BowlOPorridge. Thanks for the attachment. It's very helpful. Standard smile

I took a look at your UO Trace, and it appears that you're having 100% packet loss during two of the hops about half-way through the route. I would recommend reaching out to your ISP to see if you're able to improve the connection. You can let them know at which point in the route that it's dropping.

I hope that helps!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (384 Views)

All Replies

Hey there, @BowlOPorridge. Thanks for reaching out.

It certainly shouldn't be that slow. Let's see if we can figure out what's going on. Could you please give our connectivity troubleshooting a try? It sounds like you're able to get connected, but I'd like to see if we can improve that connection.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 2 of 4 (440 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Arrenai,

Sorry for the late reply, busy week.

I went through the Troubleshooting and used the UOTrace program to see where the issues were coming from. I've attached the results.

Everything else seems to be fine, I use a wired connection, I never drop from the internet while using any other game or IE.

Message 3 of 4 (396 Views)

Hey there, @BowlOPorridge. Thanks for the attachment. It's very helpful. Standard smile

I took a look at your UO Trace, and it appears that you're having 100% packet loss during two of the hops about half-way through the route. I would recommend reaching out to your ISP to see if you're able to improve the connection. You can let them know at which point in the route that it's dropping.

I hope that helps!

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 4 of 4 (385 Views)