Re: My case ticket doesn't load

by Cantiras

Original Post

My case ticket doesn't load

★ Apprentice

I am trying to access my case ticket at ea help, but it is infinitely loading. I want to speak to EA customer support about that case, but I cannot get past the load screen after clicking on my case and is slow web page load.

Is this happening to anybody else?

Message 1 of 21 (4,191 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ENGINEER_H4RR7 I tested just there and was able to create a case and access existing ones easily so it could be a system issue on your end. Can you disable any browser extensions running and try it again to see if you see the same issue appear?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 21 (4,111 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ENGINEER_H4RR7 were you able to get it sorted?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 21 (4,091 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yes, thank you. This past Saturday, the EA help website was really slow, but I managed to get into contact. Thanks again for trying to help.

Message 4 of 21 (4,077 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @ENGINEER_H4RR7.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 21 (4,051 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@EA_Darko, I mentioned it in a couple of other threads, but for several months now I cannot access the chat transcripts (or any other options) for my prior cases. This issue predates the coronavirus-related business constraints EA is currently facing. My most recent case is a year old, if that matters. I mention this issue because there is a prior case I would like to review, and I have not been able to do so.

When I go to https://help.ea.com/en/my-cases/, I can see 10 of 12 identified cases listed. Page 2 is blank; the remaining cases are not listed on page 2.

When I've selected any of the ten cases listed on page 1, three outcomes have occurred over the last 8-10 months:

1. When I first started having an issue accessing individual prior cases (this issue began in 2019), the most recent 2-3 cases would load when selected, but nothing older than that would load when selected. If I selected an older case, the web page throbber would just spin indefinitely. However, lately not even the most recent 2-3 cases will load.

2. Beginning earlier this year and occurring as recently as May, when I selected a prior case, the web page throbber would be visible for a bit, but then my browser would be redirected to https://help.ea.com/en/technical-issues/.

3. As of right now, my browser is no longer redirected to https://help.ea.com/en/technical-issues/ when attempting to access individual prior cases, instead the web page throbber just spins indefinitely (the individual case ID does show in the URL bar, e.g. help.ea.com/en/my-cases/?id=<alphanumericstring>, but the content never loads). Prior to posting this, I gave it 30 minutes, and it still failed to access my most recent case.

I have attempted to access my individual cases on two separate Windows installations, with Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge (Blink-based) and MS Edge (EdgeHTML-based), with browser extensions disabled. Out of curiosity, I even tried Chrome on an Android smartphone as well as Chrome and Firefox on a Linux installation, to no avail. There is nothing I can point to on my end as to why the individual prior cases are inaccessible. Perhaps it's a server issue?

Message 6 of 21 (4,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@EA_Darko

At the time of my previous post, I could at least still see a list of my prior cases, although they were inaccessible. However, as of this morning, I can't even see a list of my prior cases at https://help.ea.com/en/my-cases/, it just states, "You currently do not have any cases with us." My case history is gone.

Message 7 of 21 (4,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Same, when i was finally seeing my ea cases (after waiting about 15 min of loading) i could see them. However, little while after that i showed me i had "No cases"anymore. Last few weeks it wont even load me in my ea cases anymore. It will load or 5 min and i get a blank page or a gateway timeout. And im not the only one. I have many friends in different countries in Europe with the same problem....

Message 8 of 21 (3,905 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@TTV_wilmarenzo In the last week it has alternated between listing all my cases, listing only my recently active case information, or stating "You currently do not have any cases with us". E.g. Earlier today I saw your post @ https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Cant-contact-EA-support-in-any-way/m-p/9374380/highli... and I checked my cases at that time, and all my cases were listed. Now later today I have seen your post in this thread, and I checked my case history again, and only recently active case information shows up.

When I say that my cases don't show up, I don't mean the case count is correct while individual cases are missing, I mean the case count is also off as well. If all my cases are listed, the case count reflects this (unless cases disappear by the time I navigate to the second page of my case history). If only my recent case history is listed, the case count reflects that. Like I've said, I've tried this across multiple browsers, multiple operating systems (e.g. Windows, Android, Linux), with browser extensions disabled, etc.

Even when I can see my full case list, I can't access older cases. Apparently sometimes the help.ea.com website works better when remaining logged out. I've tried it both while being logged in and while being logged out. When logged in, I run into the issues mentioned upthread. If I log out of help.ea.com, use a direct link to a case of mine I wish to view (e.g. help.ea.com/en/my-cases/?id=<alphanumericstring>&ak=<alphanumericstring>) or just visit help.ea.com/en/my-cases/ without a specific case included in the URL, then log in when prompted, I encounter the same problem. If I don't log in at all, and instead enter the Case ID (taken from id=) and corresponding Access Key (taken from ak=), I get a message "Could not find a case with that ID or Access Key" (via that method I can't even access a case which was opened in the last few weeks and which was last updated this month, and I get this error message regardless of whether I enter both the Case ID and the Access Key or just one or the other). I've searched through my corresponding emails from EA Customer Experience, and while they each have a unique number in the subject line (e.g. "Thanks for using EA Help. <number>"), that number isn't relevant to logging in to see my cases (I've tried it), and no Case IDs and Access Keys are provided in those emails.

A few days ago I happened across an old Answers HQ post (which I wish I could locate now) in which the poster stated he/she was told that past EA Help cases become inaccessible due to being archived after a while, although I used to be able to access cases from years ago until fairly recently (last year).

When I began this post, only my recent history was listed, but having refreshed the cases page just now everything is listed again. That's really erratic, almost like I'm being bounced around between different (discordant) databases. I took the opportunity to copy the case titles and URLs of my cases. I wish I could revisit past transcripts, as it would have saved me having to recontact EA Help at least a couple of times. I hope that it isn't just the Origin client that gets an overhaul this year, but also help.ea.com.

Message 9 of 21 (3,864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I just tried again and got again (as always) a blank page and eventually a getaway timout. Logged out like you suggested but nowi get this message yet again when trying to load the ea case from google

: SOMEONE CALL TECH SUPPORT.

Oh, right. That's us! We'll get this fixed as soon as possible.In the meantime:
  • Get help from our community of expert players at Answer HQ .
  • Visit EA to see what's new with us.

So yeah, how to fix this? I am sure it is not my internet since it is for all my friends in Europe as mentioned before

Thanks in advance

Message 10 of 21 (3,828 Views)