Re: My account was hacked, and now banned

by nzazza

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My account was hacked, and now banned

★★ Novice

So my account is somehow banned for no reason. 

I made my account around last year where apex legends was still new ( i think). And played apex for a bit for a few days and never touch it again after that. Recently there was a sale on origin which took my interest and I decided to buy a few games on it. While I was at it I reinstall apex again to see what's new and since my friends started playing it again. Then I saw the "last played" thing on apex which is earlier this year (which is odd cause last time I played it is last year). And then when I play apex and tried to get into training it says my client is banned. So I went and change my password, add extra security thing. Then I file a case for the ban. After almost a week, I got reply from ea for the case saying 

Hello,

We've noticed some unusual activity on your EA account.

To help keep your account safe, we've locked it down until we can be sure you're the only person with access to it. During this period you will not be able to log in to your EA account or the online portions of our games.

What this means

Get in touch with us so we can help secure your account and check that no unauthorised changes have been made. Go to https://help.ea.com/contact-us/?product=origin&platform=pc&category=manage-my-account&issue=hacked-a... and schedule a phone call or chat with one of our advisors.

Better security starts with you. Follow our tips to set up your account securely, including turning on Login Verification: https://help.ea.com/help/account/how-to-maintain-account-security/

Remember, never share your EA Account login details with anyone.

Thank you,
EA Terms of Service

I went and click the first link because I can't even log in to my origin to play other games like battlefield. And then it says

It looks like your account, or the game account where you're trying to get help, broke our rules.

You can review the rules in our article.https://help.ea.com/sg/article/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts

Think your account was banned or suspended by mistake? We can create a case for you to get help with that instead.

Now do I have to make another case and wait for another week? If I try to log in with my pc it will say "sign in is unavailable". Even in the browser. When I tried to log in with my phone, I can sign in, but it will say

Your account has been disabled

Your account has been blocked from this product due to a violation of EA’s User Agreement.

An email regarding this was sent to the email address associated with this EA account.

Please check your email for more details.

If you need further assistance, please contact EA Help at help.ea.com.

I checked my email and the only email I see is about the unusual activity as I've mentioned above.

So now I didn't just got banned on apex for no reason, my origin account is banned and I can't even play the games that I recently just bought. It's not even a week since I purchase those games. So there goes my money.

I seriously don't know what to do right now and this forum is the only place I know for getting help.

Message 1 of 19 (13,588 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @bibshah.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (13,542 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @bibshah.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 19 (13,543 Views)

★★ Novice
@bibshah ive been blocked for the past 4 months after i was the one that got hacked on my fifa20.. everytime i contact them , via email as that is the only option i get a different person telling me to live chat them.. it is not an option so not sure why they keep telling me this instead of just unblocking my account.. really starting to get pissed off
Message 3 of 19 (11,745 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko ha, you are dreaming if you think it is this easy.
ive been trying for the past 4 months after i was hacked
Message 4 of 19 (11,739 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It actually feels impossible to get into a phone call or chat with you guys. I have set up two cases and I have the same problem and response as the user above. Its been like a constant loop. I make a case, then they tell me to follow the link only to click contact us again? Where is the chat or phone call option that they keep speaking of? 

Message 5 of 19 (11,727 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @crybxbyposer our TOS team only deal with cases over email, if you have a ban on your account then you will need to use the steps I posted above to contact them.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 19 (11,684 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @nzazza please reach out to our TOS team using the steps I posted above.

They will be able to assist you.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 19 (11,683 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

At the end of the day it seems EA doesnt care. They will confirm the hacking of the account, they just dont care who cheated. They have crap security that apparently doeant care if you get signed in from a different country, they will just throw it back to "you should have secured better. Thanks for the money." Im still waiting for my ban to be lifted. Amazingly you can make a new account and play so this shows you they also dont care about hackers actually cheating. You and they can just make another account and cheat again. The only people getting hurt by this is the legitimate player who has spent money and are being punished for EAs crap security.

Message 8 of 19 (11,581 Views)

★★ Novice

I've got the same issue, wasnt able to play FIFA 21 since it came out!! I've paid £69 for this, and my account has been hacked and block for no reason! I haven't even been playing any origin games since March and it was fine back then!! 

I want a refund you thieves!

Message 9 of 19 (11,546 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @EMTIGRIS if you have a ban on your account then you will need to speak with our TOS team using the steps I posted above.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 19 (11,519 Views)