Re: My account was hacked and banned

by Chivalreazy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My account was hacked and banned

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I stopped playing Apex Legends for a few months and recently wanted to pick it back up, only to notice that my account has been banned. I reached out to EA via Twitter and then live chat, and they were able to confirm that the reason for this was due to suspicious activity on my account; there were multiple successful logins on my account from various countries. The EA representatives were very helpful and we were able to get that problem resolved and my account is now secured with a stronger password and 2FA. Next, they escalated the ban to the TOS team.

After waiting much more than 72 hours, I received an email from the TOS team – they claim they did a "full investigation" and have confirmed that my account "was involved in cheating," therefore they "will not remove the sanction from my account." I can't confirm whether or not the person who hacked my account cheated or not, but I will say that it did indeed appear that my account had more games played on it than what I can remember because I don't even think I actually played in Season 6. I wholeheartedly agree that my account deserved a suspension if there was any violation of EA's TOS. However, my account has been compromised and it's all but clear that the hacker cheated on it. The problem is that it wasn't me who cheated and I am completely clueless (and frankly very scared) of what really happened.

I'm extremely frustrated and disappointed because EA inarguably lied to me. I can confirm that there was no "full investigation" because a full investigation would involve the following:

• Checking IPs at the time of cheating and comparing them to mine
  • Reaching out to me for additional information
  • Asking me to run a comprehensive system scan and send system diagnostics/logs
  • Using logic and common sense

A truly full investigation would reveal my innocence and let me play the game again. Honestly, there is nothing I wouldn't do to prove that I personally did nothing to violate the TOS and I have no connection to anyone who did. I have been playing fair my entire life and it's rather disheartening to be treated this way by EA. Yes, I can still play Apex Legends on another account (and I've been doing just that), but I want my main account back. Considering I can just play on other accounts, isn't the ban also kind of pointless – especially since the hacker apparently couldn't even get out of Bronze in Ranked Season 6?

Before an official EA representative jumps in and tells me to contact them through the EA help page, please note that I have already done this plenty of times to no avail. Please do not tell me to speak to the TOS team because that is just straight up disrespectful, as I want nothing more than to actually be able to speak to them. This isn't going to be resolved until a real human legitimately investigates this and has a conversation with me instead of coming to a baseless conclusion.

Thank you!

- Chivalreazy

Message 1 of 7 (14,400 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @Chivalreazy, as they are the only team who can assist you.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (14,385 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @Chivalreazy, as they are the only team who can assist you.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (14,386 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

With all due respect, @EA_Darko, it doesn't appear you read my post all the way through.

@Chivalreazy wrote:

Hello,

I stopped playing Apex Legends for a few months and recently wanted to pick it back up, only to notice that my account has been banned. I reached out to EA via Twitter and then live chat, and they were able to confirm that the reason for this was due to suspicious activity on my account; there were multiple successful logins on my account from various countries. The EA representatives were very helpful and we were able to get that problem resolved and my account is now secured with a stronger password and 2FA. Next, they escalated the ban to the TOS team.

After waiting much more than 72 hours, I received an email from the TOS team – they claim they did a "full investigation" and have confirmed that my account "was involved in cheating," therefore they "will not remove the sanction from my account." I can't confirm whether or not the person who hacked my account cheated or not, but I will say that it did indeed appear that my account had more games played on it than what I can remember because I don't even think I actually played in Season 6. I wholeheartedly agree that my account deserved a suspension if there was any violation of EA's TOS. However, my account has been compromised and it's all but clear that the hacker cheated on it. The problem is that it wasn't me who cheated and I am completely clueless (and frankly very scared) of what really happened.

I'm extremely frustrated and disappointed because EA inarguably lied to me. I can confirm that there was no "full investigation" because a full investigation would involve the following:

• Checking IPs at the time of cheating and comparing them to mine
  • Reaching out to me for additional information
  • Asking me to run a comprehensive system scan and send system diagnostics/logs
  • Using logic and common sense

A truly full investigation would reveal my innocence and let me play the game again. Honestly, there is nothing I wouldn't do to prove that I personally did nothing to violate the TOS and I have no connection to anyone who did. I have been playing fair my entire life and it's rather disheartening to be treated this way by EA. Yes, I can still play Apex Legends on another account (and I've been doing just that), but I want my main account back. Considering I can just play on other accounts, isn't the ban also kind of pointless – especially since the hacker apparently couldn't even get out of Bronze in Ranked Season 6?

Before an official EA representative jumps in and tells me to contact them through the EA help page, please note that I have already done this plenty of times to no avail. Please do not tell me to speak to the TOS team because that is just straight up disrespectful, as I want nothing more than to actually be able to speak to them. This isn't going to be resolved until a real human legitimately investigates this and has a conversation with me instead of coming to a baseless conclusion.

Thank you!

- Chivalreazy

Cheers Heart

- Chivalreazy

Message 3 of 7 (14,371 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Chivalreazy that's tough
Message 4 of 7 (14,363 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Chivalreazy I read your full post, there is nothing that we can do to assist you on AHQ.

The only team who can assist you is our TOS team who can be reached following the steps I shared above.

If they deny your appeal then I'm sorry to say but there is no other team who can assist you in relation to a TOS ban. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 7 (14,330 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko They never once had a conversation with me. Go ahead and set up a meeting with them for me then. I would certainly appreciate that.
Message 6 of 7 (14,317 Views)

Community Manager

I'm going to lock this thread @Chivalreazy as there is nothing further that we can do to discuss this on AHQ.

The only way to speak with our TOS team is by following the steps I shared above. 

It is not possible to have a meeting with them or talk to them over the phone or chat.

If you wish to appeal your ban again then you can follow the steps I posted above and wait for the TOS team to respond.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (14,314 Views)