Re: My Apex Legends is stuck on resuming.

by dimsum4u

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Found this in a youtube chat thread and so far it's working. 

Go to Origin Top left Corner > Go Offline > The X button should now be available on the download > click that and cancel download > go to top left corner again and now go online > game should start downloading "preparing" and start back up again. 

For me it started back up and then it  got to another error that is common which is it got stuck at 8.46 GB. If you get that hit cancel. Which will stop the download. Then go to "My Game Library" in origin. Right click the game and click Repair. That should verify the game files again and then resume your download. I'm now downloading will update if it breaks again but so far so good. 

Good luck, Have Fun, god speed.

EA Community managers update your support articles. If a download has already started and then stopped it shouldn't be a firewall issue there is no need to open ports. Something on EA broke not on our side. 

Message 11 of 25 (57,451 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there,

Thank you.

Now able to get games  to update.

Had five in queue.

I notice that you got no reply from EA.

Not good support from them..

Regards,

David

Message 12 of 25 (6,058 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Message 13 of 25 (5,982 Views)

★★★★ Novice

10s of these Forum threads about downloads stuck and always the same answer by EA support? It's your Firewall or AV? Well its time to update that BS after 10 years, Windows 10 here, with built in AV and firewall. Disabling both does not make a difference. I have to uninstall games, but eventually I will have to uninstall Origin. How about some real support EA, before you lose the last of your customers!?

Message 14 of 25 (5,896 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thank you kind Sir, Dimsum4u, that worked!

Message 15 of 25 (5,894 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Idk if you're still having this issue, but, I have the almighty solution Standard smile My download was stuck, so I did the steps to repair it (which has worked before..except) this time the repair got stuck on resuming. I went into my program files x86, and into my origin games folder, and completely deleted the entire Apex folder. I may have to entirely reinstall the game, but it's no longer stuck on anything! Hope this helps Standard smile

Message 16 of 25 (5,313 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I went to the game in my library, clicked Cog > cancel update. Then I clicked Cog > repair, after the repair ran it started a bigger download and is working ok now, maybe  I was a few updates behind.

Message 17 of 25 (4,954 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey im trying to reinstall apex and its stuck on 41% and it says 0h 0m 0s remaining if you find a solution please answer

Message 18 of 25 (4,924 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@BlueHound maybe try deleting and reinstalling apex?
Message 19 of 25 (4,626 Views)

★ Novice

IMO what is stupid is that its a normal thing for origin games to just get stuck on preparing and resuming... you should not have to do special things to update the game, origin launcher is complete garbage.. this issue is nothing new and that solution does not always work, from time to time it just gets stuck on preparing rather then resuming and deleting and changing folder names should not have to be done in order to play a game that you paid money for.. Just update like bliz or steam its an issue with bf, anthem, moh, apex and my gf has had the same * issue on the sims 4. FIX YOUR BROKE * LAUNCHER AND GAMES 

Message 20 of 25 (4,261 Views)