My Apex Legends is stuck on resuming.

by BlueHound

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Apex Legends is stuck on resuming.

★★★ Novice

Since the new update of apex legends, I haven't been able to play it due to it being stuck on resuming. I've tried to change the folder name, but then my pc tells me I can't do that cause this folder is in use. I need help!!!! Some manager tried to help by saying to restart my pc and right-clicking the game to repair, but I restarted my pc. Opened origins, but when I right-click on apex legends it only shows me, show game details, remove from favorites, view achievements, game prop., hide. These are the only actions that can be executed the rest like cancel update is unavailable. Am I doing something wrong???

Message 1 of 25 (57,376 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Apex Legends is stuck on resuming.

★★★★★ Newbie

Found this in a youtube chat thread and so far it's working. 

Go to Origin Top left Corner > Go Offline > The X button should now be available on the download > click that and cancel download > go to top left corner again and now go online > game should start downloading "preparing" and start back up again. 

For me it started back up and then it  got to another error that is common which is it got stuck at 8.46 GB. If you get that hit cancel. Which will stop the download. Then go to "My Game Library" in origin. Right click the game and click Repair. That should verify the game files again and then resume your download. I'm now downloading will update if it breaks again but so far so good. 

Good luck, Have Fun, god speed.

EA Community managers update your support articles. If a download has already started and then stopped it shouldn't be a firewall issue there is no need to open ports. Something on EA broke not on our side. 

View in thread

Message 11 of 25 (57,518 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey @BlueHound  try clearing the Origin cache that should help you out to begin with. 

Let me know if that helped! 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 25 (57,273 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Doesnt work ;(
Message 3 of 25 (57,266 Views)

EA DICE Team

Can you find the installation folder for Apex  (it's by default under C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games) and try to lunch the Apex by looking for: r5apex and see what happens if you do. @BlueHound.

/Atic 

Message 4 of 25 (57,175 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic I tried both of those solutions and neither of them worked. it still only shows up with resuming. Please help if you can I had this game working before and now it decided to do this.

Message 5 of 25 (57,001 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same problem and it's not new. it happens with respawn games for years now titanfall 1, 2 and APEX.

about to give up on EA/origin and respawn because this is crazy i have had this issue for years and you fools can't fix this from happening.

I was excited with ACCESS premere but since the launch EA has been aloof at best.

Well thank god UBISOFT is going supscription....they have games that work.

Message 6 of 25 (56,802 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem! now none of my other games can update cause apex legends i stuck ... grrr Someone please help
Message 7 of 25 (56,788 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Apex Legends is not even showing in my Windows (C) /Data Program/DownloadCashe folder. How can I delete this game?
Message 8 of 25 (56,787 Views)

★ Apprentice

These useless * never fixed this. Origin is a pos client 

Message 9 of 25 (56,198 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all if the download is stuck then you need to ensure that your firewall and anti-virus are not blocking Origin and that you also have the ports for Origin open.

The ports to open are:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

You can also try turning off the routers firewall to see if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 25 (56,160 Views)