Re: My Apex Account was Hacked and then Banned

by EA_Mako

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Apex Account was Hacked and then Banned

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

In early January some of my Apex friends texted me and told me that there was something weird going on with my games in the club menu. For context, I'd stopped playing apex for about a month before this. The first part of the games I had "played" were in English and the last part in Chinese. I contacted EA customer support for help with my compromised account and the lady confirmed that my account had been logged into from somewhere foreign but said she couldn't do anything about the ban. I made a case the same day and have been waiting patiently for over a month for a response. I'm missing out on the beginning of season 8 and multiple events that I wish I could participate in. I'm quite angry that I have waited this long for a response and that I'm the one that has to suffer for EA's bad security. I understand TOS might be busy, but a month seems like a long time to investigate my case. Can someone from EA at least confirm that my case is actually being worked on, because I'm beginning to doubt it. My case number is #73400178.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5 (661 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @renae393,

I took a look and can confirm that your case is with our TOS team. They are a bit backed up right now as you mentioned, so from this point they will reach out to you as soon as that investigation is complete.

I can definitely appreciate you're eager to jump in-game since the new season just started, thanks for the patience in the meantime here. 

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (652 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @renae393,

I took a look and can confirm that your case is with our TOS team. They are a bit backed up right now as you mentioned, so from this point they will reach out to you as soon as that investigation is complete.

I can definitely appreciate you're eager to jump in-game since the new season just started, thanks for the patience in the meantime here. 

Mako.png
Message 2 of 5 (653 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Alright, thanks so much for the help.

Message 3 of 5 (650 Views)

★ Novice

I've had the same issue with Fifa21. I was banned before I could even download it .

EA doesn't care to look deep into it and after 2 investigations I was banned

I wonder if they had a breach and would rather punish innocent people rather face the bad publicity. 

Message 4 of 5 (594 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @Smthfnkyassassin,

If there are any breaches, we are legally required to announce that type of thing. That is not the case here.

It looks like your situation is a bit different and has already been reviewed by our Terms of Service team multiple times, but you're welcome to reach back out in your case if you'd like to have that reviewed again.

Since we're unable to address account issues on the forums I will be locking this thread, thanks.
Mako.png
Message 5 of 5 (587 Views)