Re: Move game between accounts?

by EA_Mako

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Move game between accounts?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I assume there is no way to get a game key to move a game between one account to another?

I am moving over to a new account I have however speaking with EA Support, they cannot merge my accounts because it has Apex Legends/ Fifa data within those accounts. I have a few games in my old account but mainly BF3 that I want to move over.. is it possible to just move one game over to another account?

I am not sure why because of Apex/ Fifa they cannot merge my accounts... but I am a little stuck without just keeping one old account for one game, seems a bit pointless.

Message 1 of 4 (418 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
@CraigKingx
Unfortunately not. What we can do with regard to single games along those lines essentially amounts to hiding the game so it doesn't appear in your library, but all the information is still associated to it that would prevent the merge/transfer.

When it comes to outright removing games completely, that would involve account deletion. That's not so much a pick and choose type of scenario as much as just getting rid of everything on the account, so also not quite what you're after in this situation sadly.
Mako.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (398 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @CraigKingx,

When we look at merging accounts, currently we essentially have to move all the games over or none of them. 

Certain games also cannot be moved at all, so if they're present on an account we'd need to try and merge everything to that particular account instead of moving the games off that one.

Apex and FIFA are two games that aren't able to be moved, so ultimately if you have games on both accounts that aren't able to be moved, I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to merge the accounts or move single games between the two, sorry.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 4 (406 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Mako I see what you are saying Frown Is it possible that you can remove say Apex/ Fifa off my old account and then look at merging? Or is that also not possible.
Message 3 of 4 (404 Views)

Community Manager
@CraigKingx
Unfortunately not. What we can do with regard to single games along those lines essentially amounts to hiding the game so it doesn't appear in your library, but all the information is still associated to it that would prevent the merge/transfer.

When it comes to outright removing games completely, that would involve account deletion. That's not so much a pick and choose type of scenario as much as just getting rid of everything on the account, so also not quite what you're after in this situation sadly.
Mako.png
Message 4 of 4 (399 Views)