Re: Mouse Key Bind Issue

by horehounder

Original Post

Mouse Key Bind Issue

★★ Novice

I have a brand new computer and didn't expect an issue.
I've seen others that have this problem. MY Right MOUSE button that controls the ZOOM is messed up.
When I zoom, it fires the gun. The erratically zooms in and out, then shoots...  This is in BF4 and BF1. Takes the fun out of the experience.
I've tried everything including making sure there are no other controllers plugged in.
I have the new IPower with NVidia 2080 Vid card

Message 1 of 8 (507 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @horehounder.

I assume that you checked your key bindings to ensure that they are set correctly.

It could be an issue with your mouse itself when you use the right mouse button elsewhere do you see any odd behaviour?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (494 Views)

★★ Novice

Key bindings are good.  It's a new computer and mouse. There must be another way. 

Its frustrating for sure.  Thanks for getting some sort of answer though. 

For the record,  this is a brand new system and theold system had this issue too. That's one reason I got a new computer!!

Message 3 of 8 (483 Views)

★★ Novice

Mouse works great with all other games and everthing else. 
Brand new mouse and it's not Bluetooth. It's USB.
Just not for BF4 and now BF5.

It jacks around... won't zoom and stay zoomed in. It shoots and it's all over the place.
Ruins the experience for sure. Can't use the snipper rifle for sure.
I've reset bindings... brand new state of the art computer.

NOW WHAT?  There's gota be a solution?

Message 4 of 8 (451 Views)

Community Manager

I tested both games just there and had no issues @horehounder so this would point to a system issue.

If you have Discord or any similar program that uses an overlay can you close out of it and try the game again to see if it makes a difference?

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 8 (432 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hi @horehounder, Which mouse are you using? What you describe sounds like there is some outside the game setting causing the problem. Do you use any out of game mouse key-settings/shortcuts? Is your right mouse-button working normally outside the game?

And to try something basic - please do try plugging in a simple 2-button mouse that someone around you surly could provide for a test. See if the right botton works normally ingame.

Message 6 of 8 (421 Views)

★★ Novice

This is an ASUS 2 button mouse plugged in directly. Not a Blue tooth based mouse.
It works great in Steam and other games outside Origin BF4 and 5.

I uploaded the system for your review.

Any way to fix this would be great. No fun playing when things are dysfunctional.

thanks

Message 7 of 8 (408 Views)

★★★ Guide

Have you tried what happens if you plug in a different mouse?

Message 8 of 8 (396 Views)