Re: Monitor and PC crashing with 1440p monitor

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Monitor and PC crashing with 1440p monitor

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I started having problems since the new season started. My PC is making my monitors shut off mid game followed by my PC. I’ve tried reinstalling game,drivers and contacted Nvidia and no luck. I run a 1440 monitor on a NZXT Gaming PC with a 2070 Super Graphics card. Monitor shuts off and fans start reviving fast. I have to manually shut down the PC in order to restart it. Graphics card isnt over heating. My IT guy did a stress test and it was fine. PC build is 4 months old. Its new. No I’m reading up on people having the same issues but are old post. Please help!!!! Im running on Steam now.

Message 1 of 4 (1,067 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @LAXFrankie it sounds like you may be having an issue with your GPU as from your post it appears to be an overheating issue with your GPU. Have you done any tests on temperatures on GPU when gaming, remember that it does not need to overheat to cause an issue, it can simply run too hot for that card.

It could also be an issue with your PSU and honestly, the best thing to do is to start troubleshooting your hardware to see if you can narrow down the cause.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

We have run test. I have played other games like Warzone and it does not overheat. Only time it crashes is when I play Apex. My IT guy ran varies stress test to check the GPU and it is healthy. Ran varies stress test and never once did it crash but once we ran Apex it crashed. We eliminated varies things. Ran varies games and only crashed with Apex. Also started when I changed over to Steam. Tried to change over back to Origin but that didn’t help either. I have read up other people have this issue with Apex and 1440 monitors. Any settings i could change? I also spoke with NVIdia tech support and did troubleshooting and they said GPU is fine.

Message 3 of 4 (1,040 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @LAXFrankie I know that there were some reports from users seeing issues like this but in almost all cases it was a result of an issue with the GPU or PSU.

I was testing this yesterday on my 4K monitor and playing around with seeings but was unable to recreate it.

Let's try this, in your launch options can you add +fps_max 75  to see if you continue to see the same issue?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (1,022 Views)