Mission Impossible EA support

by RMooch

Original Post

Mission Impossible EA support

★ Novice

After about a month I had went back to play Apex Legends, There was a ban waiting for me. This was confusing to me since I have never cheated in a game ever. My first contact to support was to resolve this issue and to my surprise i checked my security and there was Russian in my security question. I do not know or speak the language, then checked my friends list after activating 2step verification. Some unknown names on my friends list and random Russian words. So once the security issue was resolved I was still banned from Apex Legends, this ban was not because of me but was from that Hacker who got into my account somehow. After a case or 2, and each having an investigation on it EA decided to leave my account still banned. Which makes no sense since:

I did not cheat -> hacker hacked into my account (before 2 step was enabled) -> I enabled 2 step & changed passwords -> no recurrence of cheater since

Then I went back to EA to try and get my account unbanned and I explained the situation, EA's response was to disable my log in and sanction the account while they sort things out and run another investigation they told me that It would take a little bit and apologized about the downtime that it would take.

2 weeks after that case, I contacted them again they said if I want to recover the account I would have to make a new ticket and "only by call or chat" I could identify that I am the owner of the account, which I then did, but every time I tried to select the "can't login" topic the page auto selects "banned or suspended" topic which the only contact option is through email. I have tried many times to get some help with this but EA keeps saying "there are other options besides banned or suspended" I told them the support system isn't letting me select anything else. Then again after making another ticket in that Field they throw me into another loop "chat and phone only to recover account".

I don't understand what EA is trying to accomplish I just want my account back since I have done no wrong. Throwing me into an unrecoverable loop of no information that is helping is not the way support works.

Its almost been 2 months, Someone at EA please take control of this situation and do the right thing, I just want to play on my account with my progression on Apex and other games like SW Battlefront 2

Message 1 of 2 (152 Views)

Re: Mission Impossible EA support

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @RMooch 

I'm really sorry to hear about your compromised account Frown Also apologies for the long time it took to investigate this case by our teams.

I checked your cases history and currently our live supports waits for another contact for you - I am sorry if you haven't been informed about it. In order to recover your account, we need to verify it first and it can be done only during a phone call or live chat.

Could you please try to get in touch with our support one more time via EA Help and request a call or start a chat with one of the game advisers? On the website, I recommend to choose the following categories: Origin -> PC -> Manage my account -> Restore account

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 2 (145 Views)