Missing product code from origin for BF2, downloaded through epic games launcher

by karmaCoo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing product code from origin for BF2, downloaded through epic games launcher

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded StarWars Battle front 2 from the epic games store when the game was free for the limited time, now I try to start up the game and origin has to stick it's nose in and asks for a product code which I searched for in my email and found the epic games product code but it seems I NEVER GOT A CODE FROM ORIGIN. I've seen multiple threads with the same problem and none are solved... this same issue has happened to me years ago with the sims 3 and I spent so long trying to fix the issue just to play the game I PAID $60 FOR that I gave up and walked away from origin and EA forever, of course until I wanted to play battlefront. 

For any mods or admins or guides who read this; in addition to solving the issue I also want to know, what the heck is wrong with origin? I have never had so much trouble with any online service as I have with origin and EA in general. So where's the fix? Where's the accountability? EA is a laughing stock because of it's "money centered priorities" and now I see more and more gamers fed up entirely with the origin launcher and EA's cooperate BS. 

Please reply and give me some way to fix this.

I'm not angry with EA just severely disappointed... and I think I speak for most gamers when I say that.

Message 1 of 3 (892 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing product code from origin for BF2, downloaded through epic games laun

Community Manager

Hey @karmaCoo,

Sorry to hear this is giving you so much trouble! If you're seeing a pop up asking for a product code, that generally means Origin just isn't able to verify your account has a copy of the game registered. Typically you won't need to enter a product code if your Epic account is properly linked to the correct Origin account.

Since this is asking for a code still, that generally indicates the Epic account that had redeemed the free copy may not be the same one linked to your current Origin account. 

I would definitely suggest reaching out to an advisor so they can look into that further: http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us 

I'm afraid we're not able to address account issues like this via the forums.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (809 Views)

All Replies

Re: Missing product code from origin for BF2, downloaded through epic games laun

Community Manager

Hey @karmaCoo,

Sorry to hear this is giving you so much trouble! If you're seeing a pop up asking for a product code, that generally means Origin just isn't able to verify your account has a copy of the game registered. Typically you won't need to enter a product code if your Epic account is properly linked to the correct Origin account.

Since this is asking for a code still, that generally indicates the Epic account that had redeemed the free copy may not be the same one linked to your current Origin account. 

I would definitely suggest reaching out to an advisor so they can look into that further: http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us 

I'm afraid we're not able to address account issues like this via the forums.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 3 (810 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks, I appreciate the reply.

Message 3 of 3 (785 Views)