Re: Missing .DLL MSVCP140

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Missing .DLL MSVCP140

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello. I recently purchased this game on steam and linked my accounts. When I try to open it and it goes through Origin, a window appears twice with the error 0x7E and tells me that I'm missing the MSVCP140.DLL file. ("Invalid license. Reason code = Missing DLL: [msvcp140.DLL] Error:0x7E.") I've searched through forums and posts, even videos, but no steps help. This file is not missing in my system folders (I'm on 64bit, the file was in both of my SYS32 and SYSWOW64 folder.) I've reinstalled, repaired, installed even more VCP programs, rebooted tons of times but nothing works. I've attempted to patch the game, I know this is a system issue but I am completely baffled as to how to fix it.

I've even run sfc scan and there was nothing out of place. What can I do to fix this?

Message 1 of 2 (563 Views)

Re: Missing .DLL MSVCP140

Community Manager

Hey @tallyhalls can you try installing the most up to date version of VC++ to see if it helps.

You can find the latest version on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You need to install both of the following:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (468 Views)