Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst does not work on Steam

by brainchef69

Original Post

Mirror's Edge Catalyst does not work on Steam

★★ Novice

So I just purchased the game and I am unable to play it trough Steam. It says I need to get an app: 'link2ea', but it does not exist. I have manually installed Origin and now it asks me for a serial key code. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, verifying integrated files on Steam, still nothing.

Please help!

Message 1 of 10 (5,273 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @007nice10  to link your Steam and Origin accounts you need to follow the steps below:

• Sign into Steam.
  • Launch an EA game from Steam by clicking Play
  • Install Origin if you haven’t already.
  • Origin will launch and ask you to link your Steam account and your EA account.
  • Steam will install your game and let you know when it’s ready to play.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (5,240 Views)

★★ Novice

HI thank you for your reply. I have tried that before and nothing. On my settings in Origin it says my steam account is linked. In this screenshot I have attached, you can see I have purchased the game from Origin (purchased the key code through g2a). ON the left, it is for steam. Whenever I click on the little arrow that shows install, it gives me this error (2nd pic). 

Message 3 of 10 (5,219 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You admit the key was bought from g2a, which means it could have possibly (im not saying 100%) been revoked

Message 4 of 10 (5,205 Views)

★★ Novice

It doesn't make sense. Just because I bought the game from another platform that I can`t play anymore on Steam? I couldn't even do that in the first place. I payed money to buy it from steam..

Message 5 of 10 (5,191 Views)

★★ Novice

Can someone please help? I also bought Crysis 3 and the same problem again!!

Message 6 of 10 (5,166 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is late by many many months, but I've just come across this issue myself and my solution was to install Origin separately (don't let Steam do it) and launch Mirrors Edge Catalyst from Origin (make sure it says Steam underneath on the thumbnail).

This worked for me, so I hope it works for you.

Happy gaming!

Message 7 of 10 (4,462 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi i did all the steps and it tells me i need to download the game from origin i tried to reinstall it nothing 

Message 8 of 10 (3,367 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey mate, I had the same issue and I hope I will help ya, I bought the Steam version of the game also and couldn't launch it, so what it helped me is OPEN STEAM LIKE ADMINISTRATOR, I use to have steam service deactivated so it couldnt spy on me, lol, but this solved my problem and I hope it'll help others. Cheers Xbines. Standard smile

Message 9 of 10 (1,959 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you found a fix for your issue @Tecolotliztl.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,955 Views)