Re: Migrating Purchased Expansion packs from Steam to Origin

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Migrating Purchased Expansion packs from Steam to Origin

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello-

I've recently migrated from a PC based Steam install to a Mac and I'm not able to use Cat and Dogs or Tiny Living on my new Mac version of the game. In Origin it shows them as purchased and that the content is available via steam but in game it says I do not have the content installed even though the green "purchased" tag shows up when I search for the content in Origin. 

If I attempt to download the content in the Sims itself the game crashes out.  Any advice would be appreciated. 

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled through Origin with no luck. The 3 expansion packs purchased through Origin via my Mac download successfully but my Cats and Dogs and Tiny living are never added to the download queue and never installed.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (419 Views)

[ Edited ]

@rfbranch2000

Playing the game through Steam is not compatible for Mac, Windows only. If you purchased packs through Steam (if that's possible, I have no idea) you will need to buy them in Origin to play on your Mac unless the codes are transferrable?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (376 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for taking the time to reply! 

• I have the game purchased on both Steam and in Origin.
  • The PC (Steam) was where I also purchased Cats and Dogs as well as Tiny Living.
  • Yesterday I purchased the Sims as well as Island Living, Snowy Escapes, and Seasons on my Mac via Origin
  • When Installing the game, all 5 expansion packs are listed on the lists of assets to be downloaded, but only the 3 purchased from Origin end up on the list
  • I'd be willing to purchase these again via Origin, but I can only purchase this as a gift as Origin states "You have this content available through Stream. download it on Steam to add it to your game" which...I can't because I"m on a Mac now.

Any thoughts? I'm puzzled as to what to do here

Message 3 of 4 (360 Views)

@rfbranch2000

I think you need to purchase C&D and TL again in Origin. I've moved your thread to the Origin forum for better help with unlinking Steam and Origin. Hopefully someone will be able to help you better Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (341 Views)