Mic not working in Origin

by FUBAR_444

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mic not working in Origin

★★ Novice

Hi,

My mic is not working, if I change to Voice activated in the Origin Settings and click test it does not detect anything. When in game I do not get a little speaker icon next to my name like other players do who use VOIP. VOIP is enabled and I changed default binding speak key but I dont think Origin detects my mic at all.

I have a Logitech G430 headset, it works on all my other games. Windows 10 and AMD motherboard with AMD R9390 gpu. I have updated all drivers and I have disabled devices which are not in use, I have tried using Origin-ingame and tried with it disabled, I tried disabling/enabled VOIP in game, rebooting etc but nothing.

Please assist

Message 1 of 12 (12,709 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mic not working in Origin

Community Manager

Sorry to see that you are having issues @FUBAR_444Do you have Sonic Studios or one of the AMD audio extensions installed, if so can you remove or disable both and then try again. 

Also, can you ensure that in your sound options you have both audio input and output set to default.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (12,686 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to see that you are having issues @FUBAR_444Do you have Sonic Studios or one of the AMD audio extensions installed, if so can you remove or disable both and then try again. 

Also, can you ensure that in your sound options you have both audio input and output set to default.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 12 (12,687 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I saw AMD Audio in my device manager, are you referring to that or is the extension installed elsewhere? There was also Realtek there.

I have the Logitech set as default send/receive in my sound settings and also Origin.

Message 3 of 12 (12,675 Views)

★★ Novice
I solved it, my mic was disabled in my Privacy settings but still appeared to be enabled in device manager.

Hold Win key and press i, then click type microphone and click on microphone privacy settings.
Message 4 of 12 (12,642 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @FUBAR_444.

Enjoy your games.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 12 (12,634 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I test mine in the Origin launcher thingy and it wirks but in game it doesn't even though I have a speaker icon next to my name.

Message 6 of 12 (12,191 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same thing for me. Works in other applications, but in origin games it won't work.
Message 7 of 12 (11,478 Views)

★ Novice

Same thing for me. Works in other applications, but in origin games it won't work. Me too.

SoylentGrean

Message 8 of 12 (11,191 Views)

★ Novice
@Will9158325 if you using voice activation, maybe you set the microphone sensitivity to high, set it lower and test the microphone, you should hear your voice.
Message 9 of 12 (9,939 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me its not working in origin at all but my microphone is working in the windows sound. I allow apps to use my mic and have tried uninstalling origin to see if it works but no.
I can use the microphone for discord but not for origin? checked that i had the right directx verision restarted my computer dosnt work still. My mic is set on default and origin detects it but there is no sound coming from it and no its not muted because i can see that the sound is coming in at the windows soundcenter.

please assist

Message 10 of 12 (9,574 Views)