Merge Steam and Origin library

by jasonycw

Original Post

Re: Merge Steam and Origin library

★★★ Newbie

Something like this would be wonderful. I've got quite a few games from EA on Origin and on Steam; but this is also a design and work machine and I spend the majority of my time on Linux. (No hard feelings to EA, it's just a resoundingly superior OS for both games and multimedia.) I would love it if I could launch my previously purchased Origin titles, like Mass Effect 1-3, Dragon Age: Origins with-all-the-things or Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, from Steam on Proton without having to reboot to Windows to do it.

Not that I don't appreciate all the effort you guys have made lately, to be easier and more flexible for the end user. Thanks for that.

Message 81 of 93 (2,201 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you know what would be even better? if I origin would recognize my steam copy of sims 3

Message 82 of 93 (2,094 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes that would be really cool!!

Message 83 of 93 (2,009 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@StewartX Same here would love the opportunity to consolidate my libraries, it's convient like the future should be.
Message 84 of 93 (1,914 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN SO BADLY SO I'M LEAVING ANOTHER COMMENT. I NEED IT ORIGIN. PLEASE OH LORD. PLEASE GREAT DIETIES OF THE GREAT STRANGE ORANGE O WITH NO DARK MODE ON THEIR CLIENT STILL. PLEASE AT LEAST GRANT US PEONS THE WISH OF BEING ABLE TO LINK OUR ORIGIN GAMES TO STEAM. I BEG YOU GREAT ONES. I WILL OFFER YOU MY LIFELONG SUPPORT! ...but seriously. my petty OCD's still driving me crazy. I know I can't be the only one for sure.

Message 85 of 93 (1,844 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah...just buy NFS Most Wanted today on steam....but Origin ask for key?????

Message 86 of 93 (1,727 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My friends on steam who were late to the party are now jumping into multiplayer games and steam invites are way more streamlined.  Migrating my subscription would be huge in general, I don't mind re-downloading via steam.  Let us know when any of these steps become available.

Message 87 of 93 (1,606 Views)

★ Novice

Any news or updates on this? Is this going to be implemented at all? I saw EA and Valve partnership article was posted about a year ago. It's already possible to link Steam games to Origin, but not Origin games to Steam. I would like all games to be in one place. Could we get Steam CD keys for Origin games to activate them there? Current CD keys don't work there. The only way is to add a non-Steam game, but it's not exactly what we want.

Message 88 of 93 (1,345 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Month since the last post on this thread and I think we're all still curious as to future plans for fully merging the two. Reports from before EA came back to Steam suggested Origin as a whole would eventually be shut down. Honestly, I personally think that would be great as 80% of the time Origin opens on my PC it causes the system to freeze. Usually right when the loader is bragging about how fast Origin is. I don't inherently dislike Origin, I've just never been impressed with the way a multi-billion dollar company decided to implement it. 

Hopefully the reunion of EA and Steam suggests a more cooperative future for PC gaming, like everybody else in this thread I'm curious to see what EA's next move is. 

Message 89 of 93 (1,183 Views)

★ Novice

I support this! I'm looking to move all of my games to Steam or Switch. This would be perfect!

Message 90 of 93 (1,050 Views)