Medal of Honor 2010 Singleplayer will not start

by Cloister56

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Medal of Honor 2010 Singleplayer will not start

★★ Novice

This is an issue which seems to affect the steam and origin versions of the game.
I have previously been able to play the origin version but now cannot.

The game installs fine and then updates to the newer version.

The multiplayer portion loads fine with no problems.

The single player attempts to launch but runs into a variety of issues.

Launching on origin (not administrator) fails to launch the game at all.

Launching on origin (administrator) gives a general protection fault. "History GWaitabel::IsSignaled0 Address = 0x7a0295 (file name not found in) [in path to game]

There is about 3 lines of this error.

Launching the game directly from the executable in binaries leads to the games poster popping up but then nothing else. Opening task manager show the game is running but not responding.

After looking around the internet I have tried.

Uninstalling and reinstalling

Switching off virus protector

Switching virus protector (defender to bitdefender)

Installing the redistributables from the game directory, installing the physx version that comes with the game.

Installing punkbuster.

Running all versions of windows compatibility back to XP

I even tried buying then game again from steam in the hope that version was working but with the same outcome.

Medal of Honor Warfighter runs with no problem.

I am at a loss for what else to try to run this game again. As the game was published by EA and has recently been readded to steam I would hope this would mean you have a interest to fix it or issue a warning to potential buyers that the game may no longer work on fully updated systems.

If there is any help that can be provided I would be very grateful.

Message 1 of 11 (3,716 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Medal of Honor 2010 Singleplayer will not start

★ Novice

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I sent the game startup MOH to my desktop and ran as administrator, seems to be working form me now.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (3,573 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I sent the game startup MOH to my desktop and ran as administrator, seems to be working form me now.

Message 2 of 11 (3,574 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for sharing the fix that worked for you @shooter9963.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 11 (3,551 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not sure why this was flagged as answered. I'm glad that fix worked for shooter9963 but it did not work for me.
I tried the game again and still the same result. The splash screen appears but the game is not responding.
I can run another version of the game without issue so the game itself works but both the steam and origin version do not.
As I have paid for this game now twice I think it would be good for either a fix to be made or a warning put that this game may not work on modern machines.

Message 4 of 11 (3,304 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Cloister56 I'm playing the game on my Windows 10 OS atm, have also played it on Win 11 and not had issues. 

Generally, issues such as you are seeing are system-related and involve some troubleshooting, do you have a DxDiag: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 11 (3,209 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello,

Thank you for replying. I have attached my dxdiag as requested.

I find this game really puzzling, I can usually figure out what is stopping a game running but this one I cannot.
I've tried about every fix I can find on message boards but if you are willing to help that would be great.

Message 6 of 11 (2,971 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Cloister56 seeing some errors there so the best thing to do is go ahead and run System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Can you also create a new Windows admin account and try the game there?

It's worth keeping in mind that while the game does not support Windows 11 it may work but there is no guarantee that it will.

Let us know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 11 (2,963 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello,

Ok I tried creating a new windows admin account but same result.

I tried running dism but it kept saying it couldn't obtain from source.

So I did a fresh windows install of windows 11.

The game did launch for the first few times. No issues when I added in icue, ghub or razer synapse.

The game then stopped launching after installing k-lite codec and vlc. However removing these did not cause the game to start working again.

Unfortunately windows also decided to install some drivers for avolute and nhalmic without my permission. Removing these again did not restore the game to working.

I have included a new dxdiag, the only error it picks up now is the game failing to launch.
I don't know if it is helpful but if you have any suggestions from it.

I'm going to do one more fresh install and do a restore point before each added component.

I tried to upload the dump file that windows task manager creates but the forum says it is an unsupported extension type.

Message 8 of 11 (2,919 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Cloister56 as EA games do not yet support Windows 11 then you can see issues like this pop up.

The best thing I can recommend is to continue troubleshooting.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 11 (2,899 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this issue on windows 10 as well.

Anyway the prime suspect is Razer Synapse 3. It didn't seem to affect it last time but on this install the game stopped working after I installed that and restarted. So perhaps I hadn't restarted after installing it last time.

Uninstalling it didn't fix the game however rolling back to a restore point did. If I just reinstalled Synapse again and restarted the PC the game once again stopped responding.

Once again rolling back to before installing synapse fixed the game.
I did notice that when I launched the game with synapse installed it would also launch a game manager program from Razer. Unfortunately disabling this didn't help and uninstalling synapse seemed to stop it launching.

I'm gonna play about with it for a bit longer, the ideal would be a fix but that is looking unlikely. Perhaps an update to synapse in the future might fix it.

Message 10 of 11 (2,892 Views)