[Mac] forever loading white screen

by Th30nlyHitMan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Mac] forever loading white screen

★★★ Newbie

Issue with the latest update of origin that is causing my launcher to display a forever loading white screen

Lists of what hasn't been done:

haven't reinstalled origin however worked perfectly before hand

lists of what has been done:

tried refreshing the window with no luck

ran the debug helper for mac

contacted ea via report a bug

everything worked perfectly till the launcher decided to update causing issues for me where it never has done this in the past

i can still access the games i have purchased by right clicking the origin icon on the dock where sims 4 boots perfectly just won't show any gui 

when accessing anything internally in the launcher making it difficult to get to the games and such.

system is currently the newest version of mojave 

I have attached both a screenshot and the troubleshooting file that I received on running the debugger downloaded from the origin website I hope this helps in matters

This is my full report on the matter at hand at this time, I will keep things updated if I try anything else and it goes to work, if this issues is simply only happening to me, then I'm not sure what it could be.

Thank you for your time in reading this and thank you for the time of the EA team.

Message 2 of 6 (469 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Mac] forever loading white screen

@Th30nlyHitMan  Please try running the Origin reset tool for macOS:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

@zhenyai42  I've moved your post to a more current Origin/Mac thread.  You can try the reset tool as well; it cleans out files that wouldn't be removed by a simple uninstall.  If that doesn't work, please list your version of macOS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (448 Views)

All Replies

Re: Well, that didn't go as planned on Mac

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@AsmaaWyeah same as me I'm also a mac user and haven't been able to get on origin for months this is really going under the radar ive even uninstalled origin and redownloaded it and that hasn't worked either.

Message 1 of 6 (462 Views)

@Th30nlyHitMan  Please try running the Origin reset tool for macOS:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

@zhenyai42  I've moved your post to a more current Origin/Mac thread.  You can try the reset tool as well; it cleans out files that wouldn't be removed by a simple uninstall.  If that doesn't work, please list your version of macOS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 6 (449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The origin reset tool seems to have fixed it, the most likely cause was during the update some files didn't update properly so be aware of this in the future for all mac users although if this doesn't work for you then you may have other issues and would recommend making a post about it.

Message 4 of 6 (436 Views)

★★★ Newbie

oh god I hope this works im desperate thanks ill try it out

Message 5 of 6 (412 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OMFG, IT WORKED IM SO HAPPY thank you so much I havent been able to use origin for months this brings a lot of joy to my day thank you so much.

Message 6 of 6 (407 Views)