OMG THAT WORKED THANK YOU XOXO I COULD KISS YOU HAHA 

Message 181 of 197 (1,357 Views)

Re: helper tool password

★★★ Newbie

I tried that it didn’t work

Message 182 of 197 (1,259 Views)

Re: Origin Permission Issue

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I have checked those folders, and those files ARE on my computer. I AM the admin for my mac. I DO know my password. I still experience this problem, even though I have both the folders and the files inside the folders:
PrivilegedHelperTools/com.ea.origin.ESHelper
and
LaunchDaemons/com.ea.origin.ESHelper.plist

The loop keeps happening, giving me a message that Windows is going to ask me for permission and I need to give it permission.

The problem is the mac downloader is looking for a Windows permissions window. I have not read the rest of this thread, but thought this post might help to clear up the problem we Mac players are experiencing.
Message 183 of 197 (1,217 Views)

★★ Novice

update:  I did find the answer in this thread, I had to manually delete everything and re-download Origin and The Sims 4. All is working now.  There was a bug in the game where the new member in my household would not sleep, but it solved when I quit and restarted the game.

Message 184 of 197 (1,192 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I have had the same problem I have downloaded Origin to play Sims 4 and it asks for a username and password to install a helper tool but when I enter it (correctly) it just shakes and doesn't log in, I have done the troubleshoot further down and it says (Attached)

Message 185 of 197 (1,161 Views)

@JHutchy  Are you entering the username and password for your computer?  That's what the permission pop-up is asking for.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 186 of 197 (1,158 Views)

★ Novice

I have now and it worked, my girlfriend was trying it earlier whilst I was at work and she said she’d tried that so I didn’t bother when I got back haha

Message 187 of 197 (1,153 Views)

Re: [Mac] Permission to install Helper Tool error - 2018

★★★ Newbie

I am so frustrated that I cannot get through with my correct password to download the helper, and I don't understand the steps to fix it. I have tried it all. What are we supposed to do with all these "Text files" I keep reading about???

Message 188 of 197 (1,001 Views)

@mpbagnati  So you're entering the password for your Mac and the helper tool won't install?  Are you signed into an admin account on your Mac?  What version of macOS are you running?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 189 of 197 (993 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much for this fix! I literally feel like such a dumb person now, I reset my origin passowrd 10 times thinking something was wrong and then read this and did what it said and it worked. Ahmen

Message 190 of 197 (850 Views)