Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[Mac] Permission to install Helper Tool error - 2018

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Origin Permission Issue

★★ Newbie

Ok so I've gone into the library and Application Support then went into and Origin and the logs now what do I do?

Message 131 of 140 (625 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Never mind it all worked out after I did more research thank you so much!

Message 132 of 140 (617 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [Mac] Permission to install Helper Tool error - 2018

★★ Newbie

Thank you so much, you definitely helped me out Standard smile

Message 133 of 140 (478 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

my origin doesn't work. it says i have to download the Origin Helper but when i put my credentials it doesn't do anything.

Message 134 of 140 (461 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@DeboraRomei You need to download Origin, then go to your Applications on your Mac or Macbook. RIGHT CLICK on the Origin file and then on the little menu go to 'get info' then you will see a pop up. Then at the very bottom of the new menu click the LITTLE PADLOCK ICON. You will then be asked for your password (it is the SAME password you use to log into your Mac/Macbook). That is it.
Message 135 of 140 (398 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Origin Helper Tool

★★ Newbie

installed origin, the helper tool did pop up , what worked for me is entering in my password used to unlock my Mac . possibly try that .

Message 136 of 140 (214 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

I was entering in my iCloud password and then tried my password that unlocks my Mac and it worked 

hope this works for you !!

Message 137 of 140 (213 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I have been having this problem for a year now and I really wanna play my game(sims 4) if like I wasted my money and if I did I want it back if it keeps saying this and I am tired of it I wanna play my game.if you want to help email me please([edit: email address removed])

Message 138 of 140 (82 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

this is the problem i am having *Are you entering your password when prompted for the helper tool but it isn't doing anything*

Message 139 of 140 (82 Views)
Highlighted

@bilajeylani  So you're not even able to enter your password?  Just to clarify, you need to enter the username and password of an admin account on your computer, not your Origin username and password.  If you're not using an admin account on the computer, please login to one and try again.

If that doesn't help, please do a clean uninstall of Origin, download a new copy, and try again.

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 140 of 140 (48 Views)
Twitter Stream