Re: Origin Permission Issue

by Bilajeylani

Original Post

Highlighted

★ Novice

I have been having this problem for a year now and I really wanna play my game(sims 4) if like I wasted my money and if I did I want it back if it keeps saying this and I am tired of it I wanna play my game.if you want to help email me please([edit: email address removed])

Message 161 of 197 (1,359 Views)

★ Novice

this is the problem i am having *Are you entering your password when prompted for the helper tool but it isn't doing anything*

Message 162 of 197 (1,359 Views)

@Bilajeylani  So you're not even able to enter your password?  Just to clarify, you need to enter the username and password of an admin account on your computer, not your Origin username and password.  If you're not using an admin account on the computer, please login to one and try again.

If that doesn't help, please do a clean uninstall of Origin, download a new copy, and try again.

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 163 of 197 (1,325 Views)

Re: helper tool password

★★★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora What is administrator rights? I've been trying my password for my Mac and it doesn't let me do it. It just shakes telling me there was an error or it was "wrong"
Message 164 of 197 (1,038 Views)

Re: helper tool password

@katieklowe

When you're being prompted for the Helper Tool password?

In System Preferences > Users & Groups what does it say under your user account in the left side lists of user accounts? Admin or Standard?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 165 of 197 (1,026 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora wait im having this issue now im entering the password and its not doing anything just keeps making me re enter password and ive already reset the password twice and run the troubleshoot on mac and uninstalled the reinstalled origin i am so frustrated pls help
Message 166 of 197 (1,151 Views)

Re: SOLUTION FOUND THE ANSWER helper tool password

★ Novice

Yeah, I also figure it out so I went to the chat support center of EA and told this issue they sent me a link to reset Origin. I reset Origin and then it downloaded it again and then put my apple ID and password. AND IT WORKED. Then it brought me to my log in page and it worked.

Message 167 of 197 (935 Views)

Re: Origins new helper tool wont downlod

★★★ Novice
@morrema Is 2021
Message 168 of 197 (995 Views)

I don't know my login info and "new helper tool" will not let me

★★★ Newbie

Origin is making me instal "New helper tool" to be able to get into my account but I don't know my login info normally, not knowing login info would not be a problem but its not letting me use my email to retrieve my login info because i need to install "New helper tool" but I can't because I don't know my login info. (first my Sims 4 doesn’t work and still doesn’t and know this)

Message 169 of 197 (1,008 Views)

Re: I don't know my login info and "new helper tool" will not let me

Champion (Retired)
Hi @Calilily12345

I think you need to log into the helper tool with your Mac login details, you should be able to proceed from that point. I'm assuming you're using Mac.
Message 170 of 197 (994 Views)