Re: Origin Permission Issue

by ciocosims

Original Post

Re: [Mac] Permission to install Helper Tool error - 2018

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict And me! And yeah I'm entering my system password. It seems a bit silly that this issue seems to be ongoing for literally years.
Message 131 of 196 (1,643 Views)

★★★ Novice

I added my own troubleshooting file to this message too. Is there actually any use of doing so? Like has anyone on this thread got their problem fixed now? Does anyone want to start a petition so we could run the damn Sims game without this stupid app that is always broken?

Message 132 of 196 (1,571 Views)

Re: Origin Permission Issue

★★★ Novice

Goodmorning everyone,
I updated the Origin client to the latest version and a dialog box appeared requesting the download of the new "Helper".
I consented to the authorization by password of the local computer (I have an IMac OS X), but the window that requires the installation of "Helper" and my authorization continues to open in loop. I tried to install Origin several times, but the problem reappears again. I attach the file Origin Troubleshooting.txt
Thank you very much and have a nice day.
Kind regards.

Message 133 of 196 (1,505 Views)

★★ Novice

I’d sign!

Message 134 of 196 (1,474 Views)

★★★ Novice

After a month of giving up I tried deleting Origin, updating my Mac, and reinstalling Origin. That seemed to work, though I have no idea if that was, like, a legit solution or a fluke. 

Message 135 of 196 (1,385 Views)

Origins new helper tool wont downlod

★★★ Newbie

I recently tried to update Origin. When I updated it said it needed permission to download a helper tool. I put in my password and it said it could download the tool. After that it took me back to where I put in my password. I put it in again and it asked for permission again. it keeps on doing that and I can't even accesses Origin now. I have tried to uninstall it redownload it and sign in online but nothing is working. I am also on a MacBook Pro. If anyone has any ideas on what to do your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Standard smile

Message 136 of 196 (1,297 Views)

Re: Origins new helper tool wont downlod

@aspentrout

Moved your post to this ongoing thread on the helper tool issue. The opening post on page 1 has a few tips but there is no concrete fix at the moment Frown Which version of macOS are you running?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 137 of 196 (1,911 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi here's my Origin Troubleshooting.txt I don't understand any of these 

Message 138 of 196 (1,856 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue! Please someone fix this so I can get back my sims 4!!! V_V

Message 139 of 196 (1,752 Views)

★★★ Novice

omg. it's 2019 and this still this has not been resolved yet. I JUST WANNA PLAY MY SIIIIIMS!!!

Message 140 of 196 (1,720 Views)