Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: [Mac] Permission to install Helper Tool error - 2018

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Origin Permission Issue

@oldsimsplayer43

Please could you also provide your Client_Log.txt and Bootstrapper_Log.txt files? To do so click on Go in the menu bar in Finder then hold down Alt to show the hidden Library folder. Then go to Application Support > Origin > Logs. Thanks Standard smile

Message 71 of 137 (14,593 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

Please find attached the files you need Standard smile

@Bluebellflora wrote:

@oldsimsplayer43

Please could you also provide your Client_Log.txt and Bootstrapper_Log.txt files? To do so click on Go in the menu bar in Finder then hold down Alt to show the hidden Library folder. Then go to Application Support > Origin > Logs. Thanks Standard smile

Message 72 of 137 (14,586 Views)
Highlighted

Message 73 of 137 (14,581 Views)
Highlighted

@oldsimsplayer43

What exact issue have you been having? Are you entering your password when prompted for the helper tool but it isn't doing anything? Or are you experiencing a different issue?
Message 74 of 137 (14,576 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

@Bluebellflora wrote:
@oldsimsplayer43

What exact issue have you been having? Are you entering your password when prompted for the helper tool but it isn't doing anything? Or are you experiencing a different issue?

Well normally when I restart my mac, I get the installer helper but this time it took a few but Origin opened without doing that :D

Message 75 of 137 (14,551 Views)
Highlighted

@oldsimsplayer43

Ah ok. Can you remember updating anything between it not working then working again?
Message 76 of 137 (14,556 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

In order to try and fix this, EA have provided us with a script which, when run, will create a text file that can be uploaded here and aid them with their troubleshooting.

If you are experiencing the Permission Helper Tool error please download the script, double click on it to open and follow the instructions in the dialogue window that pops up.

Download - https://download.dm.origin.com/download/Origin+Installation+Troubleshooter.app.zip

Please attach the .txt file to your message on this thread. A full explanation is available, here:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

(marking this as the solution for visibility - BluebellFlora)

Message 77 of 137 (33,858 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@Bluebellflora and @EA_Tom  Here is the .txt file this generated when I ran the script. 

***Please note that I am a player like you and not an employee of EA.***
Message 78 of 137 (14,443 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager
Hi @Tremayne4260,

Thanks for running the troubleshooter and attaching your results!

Just to make sure as it seems it installed correctly: were you having the issue to install the helper tool described in the first post of this thread?

Thanks!
-Mai

Stay and Play.png

Message 79 of 137 (14,383 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

I'm also experiencing this issue. I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling Origin, and I've double checked to make sure the LaunchDaemons and PrivilegedHelperTools Origin files mentioned are there. I'm currently running MacOS Mojave (version 10.14).

Message 80 of 137 (14,250 Views)
Twitter Stream