Re: Origin Permission Issue

by Jijicat3

Original Post

Re: [Mac] Permission to install Helper Tool error - 2018

@DafrastaV @Ellie05d @Jijicat3 @SpliceGirlMp3

We've started a new thread on this issue as the previous one was very specific to OS X Mountain Lion and was fixed in an update.

Please have a read through of the opening post, try the suggestions and check the relevant folders for the specific files this error message relates to.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 21 of 197 (30,436 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Yes I'm entering the correct password, it just keeps asking for permission over and over again, no matter how many times I enter it. omg origin please fix your frickin system it is making me so mad

[Edit: Writing in capital letters are considered as shouting in a forum, please refrain from doing so.]

Message 22 of 197 (30,430 Views)

@Jijicat3

I've asked for specific information in my opening post. The reason I moved your post to this one, and tagged you and others, is so you can hopefully provide me with the information I have asked for and actually try my suggestions. Just shouting (typing in all caps) is not going to help anyone.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 23 of 197 (3,293 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes I know, I’m sorry, but I am just really frustrated. I did enter my mac password. That’s what I have been doing. I tried to reinstall origin and I followed the steps to completely erase it but some files required in the steps are just not existent and it didn’t really work. But it’s still having the issue. 

Message 24 of 197 (3,238 Views)

@Jijicat3

Did you try any of my suggestions in the opening post on this thread? 

Did you you check in the Library folders for the two specific files I’ve requested? This is very important because if they are missing we may be able to add them into the folder manually, thereby fixing the issue.

I’ve asked and recommended those specific suggestions because it will help to ascertain whether the problem is a repeat of the previous issue, or it is a Permissions problem on the user’s Mac.

Firstly, please confirm that your Mac user account is an admin account, not a standard account Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 25 of 197 (3,227 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! I am also having the same problem. I have looked for the two files you mentioned and neither of them are there (I have tried all the other suggestions such as checking i have an admin account) Could you let me know how to get these two missing files please? Thanks for your help! 

Message 26 of 197 (3,212 Views)

@helentemple

THANK YOU for confirming you don't have the files and that your user account is an admin account Standard smile

I have uploaded the files and linked to them on this page on my site (I can't upload here)  - https://bluebellflora.com/origin-permission-to-install-helper-tool-error/

Please could you download them (link is at the bottom of the article) and place in the LaunchDaemons and PrivilegedHelperTools folders? Make sure you put the right file in the right folder Standard smile

Please let us know if it solves the problem for you.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 27 of 197 (3,192 Views)

★★ Novice

It hasn't worked unfortunately. I placed them in the right folders and opened Origin but it's still stuck on that loop. Ive also noticed that when I go back into the folders that the files have disappeared. I added them again but they disappear each time - that may be something wrong I've done on my side? Thanks for your help so far Standard smile

Message 28 of 197 (3,179 Views)

@helentemple

Urgh, thank you for trying and your feedback. That's very interesting that they keep disappearing. How about if you place them again then change the permissions of the folder to read only? In theory, if the files are in there then it won't prompt you to install them.

To make the folders read only (temporarily, you need to change this back after testing), click on the folder once then hold down CMD and press i to bring up the info window. At the bottom click on the lock, enter your password, then change the system permissions from Read & Write to Read only:

Permissions.png

AHQSigImage.png
Message 29 of 197 (3,172 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Actually I don't think the problem is on  EA's  side, I did contact EA Help and they said to check with Apple Support because the problem's on Apple's side. 

Also I updated my OS to OS X High Sierra and it did solve the problem for me. 

Message 30 of 197 (3,158 Views)