[Mac] Origin not connecting

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: [Mac] Origin not connecting

@safoster11192  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  Please try the suggestions in the first post and let us know whether they help you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 71 of 99 (1,077 Views)

Please Fix this Issue!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hi! So I just recently bought the game The Sims 4 (I got it on the website). So the first time I wanna play, I click it and it says I have to download Origin. So I do it and then the sign in pops up when I open the app. I put my email and password (correctly) and then once I click sign in, it would always say " Could not connect to the server, please try again in a few minutes." So then I did it a few minutes after and it didn't work. I tried constantly but no luck. I have tried it every day for a week, but it still doesn't work. I have now wasted my money. Please help! Also, I'm on a MacBook Air.

-Clara

[Edit: removed screenshot - please remember to not share your personal details like email address on the public forum]

Message 72 of 99 (1,086 Views)

I fee

★★★ Newbie

I feel like I've tried everything to get origin to log in, I really wanted to play the new pack but every time I restart my computer and log in it would say it needs to download the helper tool and I would try to give it permission but it would just go away after I click yes and didn't even ask for my password like it usually does. after that it'll pop up that I need to log in, so I do but then it'll just say that it can't connect to server. I've been at this for 3 days now trying to look up how to fix it, I even logged in on the actual origin page and not the downloaded app and it would let me but the app won't. please help!

Message 73 of 99 (1,075 Views)

Re: I fee

★★★ Newbie

sorry about the topic name, didn't know I had to change it and what not

Message 74 of 99 (1,069 Views)

all my sims are gone

★★★ Newbie

So basically my Origin was not responding to my sims 4 updates, I tried everything and so finally I reset it. When it came back all I gave me was a screen that said the server to my games is not connected, but when I log in to Origin on google all my games are there, its only on my mac, I cannot seem to get my things back, please help I spent a lot of money.

Message 75 of 99 (1,099 Views)

Mac Mojave help

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I installed Mojave onto my MacBook and now orgin won't load up it says its unable to connect online I have uninstalled and reinstalled it I am now out of ideas any advice? Does anybody know when origin will fix this?

Message 76 of 99 (1,080 Views)

Re: origin problem

★★★ Newbie

I am currently having the same problem, my origin app on my MAC will not launch it will start to launch and when I log in it says cannot connect to server please try again in a few minutes and it's been like this all day even after resetting the app, deleting, re-downloading. and even trying to update my own computer and restarting my own computer I've literally tried everything but Origin isn't working while I'm trying to access the sims 4 game and EA support isn't helping at all

Message 77 of 99 (1,056 Views)

Online Login is currently unavailable + other issues

★ Novice

Hi team,

I'm having issues going online with Origin. I'm using a Mac and have been having issues since yesterday. I've reinstalled the application, followed the instructions that I have found online to no avail. I am able to login offline but then see an error message, see attached.

I can run games, specifically the sims 4 using finder, however, I cannot access all of my game packs, for example, island living. It is pretty frustrating not being able to properly access a large portion of the content, as I had it downloaded but not 'activated'. I have also run the troubleshooting program and will attach the log as well.

Thanks for all the help.

Message 78 of 99 (1,075 Views)

Re: all my sims are gone

[ Edited ]

@kaylieruesga @rubydream95 @claranoolandi 

Merged your post with this one about your issue. Please could you try the suggestions in the opening post on page 1.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 79 of 99 (1,057 Views)

Re: [Mac] Origin not connecting

For everyone still following along, there's another way to launch Origin that may get around the issue:

Quit Origin if you haven't already; it wouldn't hurt to restart your Mac as well.  Go into Applications, right-click (or crtl-click) on the Origin icon, and select Show Package Contents.  From there, open Contents > MacOS, and you'll see executables labeled "Origin" and "OriginThinSetup."  Double-clicking on either one will launch Origin.  Doing so will also open Terminal, so don't be surprised.  (You can quit Terminal when Origin launches.)

Please try both files, and let us know whether using either of them allowed you to login to Origin.

Also, I merged a few more posts into this thread.  Tagging @Kitcaitcx @katelynn99725 and @Aegona for the heads-up.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 80 of 99 (1,014 Views)