[Mac] Origin not connecting

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Mac] Origin not connecting

[ Edited ]

Since the end of May there seems to have been a significant increase in Mac users stating they cannot successfully launch Origin as it cannot connect. This often happens after an Origin update and is normally fixed by either checking proxy settings or running the Origin reset tool. Unfortunately no amount of suggestions seem to be working at the moment for those affected and there doesn't seem to be a common potential cause. If you are experiencing this issue please try each of the following. If one works for you PLEASE post to let others know:

As a last resort you could also reinstall your version of macOS. This will install over the top of your existing installation, replacing any corrupted or missing system files. Make sure you back up your Mac before doing this. Simply download your version of macOS from the App Store and follow the prompts to install, or boot into the Recovery partition and install from there.

If you are still experiencing issues, and none of the above worked for you, please post with the following specs. of your Mac. These can be obtained by clicking on the Apple in the menu bar then About This Mac:

Model

macOS version

Processor

Memory

Graphics

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 41 of 99 (6,648 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Mac] Origin not connecting

[ Edited ]

Marked as the solution for visibility - BluebellFlora

EA are collecting information from Mac users experiencing these connection issues to try and determine the cause. Please read this post and upload the log files requested - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Mac-Origin-Connection-and-Library-Issues/m-p/7...

Locking this thread for now. Please help yourself and others by supplying the files Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 93 of 99 (6,984 Views)

All Replies

Mac OS (Mojave) not compatible with Origin Launcher?

★★★ Novice

I am on the latest Mac OS (Mojave 10.14.5) and cannot log into the Origin launcher. I've tried every troubleshooting and reset possible given to me by EA and Apple, but still no luck. Just time to wait for a patch I guess? Hopefully soon, I've spent a lot of dollars on the Sims 4, and would like to play without having to obtain an older computer to run it.

Series of Events: 

- I had received a message stating that the game wouldn't be compatible with future versions of Mac OS and to contact the developers.

- Weeks later, It all started off with not being able to connect to the EA Gallery in the Sims 4. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting to Origin and it seemed like I was stuck in "OffLine Mode".

- Eventually, when I would log in, the Origin launcher would be blank with greyed out insert bubbles where text or image would normally be. 

- When I tried the following time, it prompted me to log into the launcher, which wouldn't allow me to connect at all.

Origin Launcher Log-in Error:

"Can not connect to the server, please try again in a few minutes"

I don't know what else to do but wait for EA to update the launcher? I'm not sure.

Message 1 of 99 (6,983 Views)

Re: Mac OS (Mojave) not compatible with Origin Launcher?

@HIGHER-DESIGN  Please don't post the same issue in several different places.  Someone will always see your post sooner or later, but it's best to keep the conversation to one thread.

From your previous posts, it sounds like you've found and run the Origin reset tool for macOS, which hasn't helped.  Here is a more thorough list of troubleshooting steps you can try:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/m-p/5371661...

Please try them all, starting with disabling proxy settings.  And let us know whether they worked or not.

Additionally, if you're still having issues, it would help to have the full specs of your Mac.  Here's how to provide that information:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/461...

Finally, the message about TS4 not being compatible with future versions of macOS is due to the probably lack of support for 32-bit apps in the next version of OS X.  This will not affect your ability to play TS4, as the Mac version has been 64-bit only since its release.  The message can be safely ignored, and there's certainly no reason to get a new computer just to play TS4.  Both Origin and the game are fully compatible with Mojave, and will be compatible with the new OS when it's released, likely in the fall.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 99 (6,970 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This is my first time here and didn't see a recent unresolved post regarding this issue, hence why I created one. I have tried all of this and more. Is it possible for me to bring it somewhere to help get it fixed @puzzlezaddict ? I have been trying to fix this for over a week now, and am becoming defeated. 

I redid all of the steps, and have come to this message when I try to launch the game in safe mode: "Unable to start: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed."

I have played over 600 hours of the sims 4 on this very computer, so I don't understand how my video card all of a sudden isn't compatible? 

Message 3 of 99 (6,945 Views)

@HIGHER-DESIGN  Your thread is fine here; it would also be fine in the Sims/Mac section.  But it really would help to know the specs of your computer.  That will include the graphics card, which is important to know, given the error you're now getting.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/461...

Since you're now launching TS4, does that mean Origin is working now, or that it's better than before?  Or are you just launching through Applications?  The more details you provide, the easier it is to suggest new troubleshooting steps, rather than ones that you've already tried.

And if I can't help, I'll find someone who will, but again, the more information you share, the better.

Message 4 of 99 (6,931 Views)

Re: i suddenly can't connect to Origin server on a Mac

★★★ Newbie

Iv'e tried everything but it keeps saying i cant connect? How do i fix that

Message 5 of 99 (6,979 Views)

@SadTrashBin  Have you run the Origin reset tool yet?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If that doesn't help, please try the other steps in the thread EA_Darko linked above.  Start by making sure you don't have proxies enabled and flushing your DNS cache.  You can also restart your router: turn it off, wait a minute, and turn it on again.

If none of this helps, please list your Mac's specs, as described in this post:

Message 6 of 99 (6,961 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have but i dont know why it keeps saying that i cant connect

Message 7 of 99 (6,940 Views)

Re: Mac: Origin won't load

★★★ Newbie

@Bluebellflora wrote:
@ChristianDPV

Run the reset tool again, trash the Origin app from your Applications folder, empty the trash, restart your Mac then download a new Origin installer, install and see if it works.

The Origin/Mac help thread here also has suggestions which may help including checking proxy settings and flushing DNS - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/m-p/5371659...

Your Mac is really going to struggle with the game though Frown

I've tried all steps, even the other threads given the same steps... none are working, and i've been trying since 4 days ago!

Message 8 of 99 (6,980 Views)

Re: Mac: Origin won't load

★★ Novice

Yeah I pretty much gave up. None of the steps worked for me the Origin app it's not loading at all.

Message 9 of 99 (6,931 Views)