[Mac] Origin - Connection and Library Issues

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: [Mac] Origin - Connection and Library Issues

★★ Novice

Please help!  I am gonna try and make this make sense lol, but today i bought sims 4 (digital download for mac) on best buys website. Then I used the code from my email and registered it on the origin website.The game showed up and is still showing up in my game library at the online website. After that I downloaded origin (This is my first game I have ever bought so I didn't know I needed it at first), and whenever I log in it says " Origin servers temporarily unavailable" and  following that it says "Apologies for the inconvenience, we’re currently unable to retrieve your list of games. Please reload and try again.". So I reloaded it like 10 times and restarted my computer about 5 times and it still won't show up. When I go to redeem the code on the actual app on my computer it says that the code is unable to redeem because it has already been redeemed. 

Below I attached my logs 

Message 31 of 198 (2,558 Views)

★ Apprentice

EA, can we please get an update in regards to this issue? I have been locked out of my game library for five days.

Thank you!

Message 32 of 198 (2,539 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict 

Oh okay! tysm.

These are my logs. I don't know which ones are most important so I just put them all.. Standard smile

Message 33 of 198 (2,515 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict 

nvm i didn't put them all. When i tried to put the other ones it would say something like "invalid log type" or something like that. i forget lol

Message 34 of 198 (2,516 Views)

Origin still not working

★ Apprentice

When logging in, on both Origin.com or via MAC. I get the error:

Origin servers temporarily unavailable
Apologies for the inconvenience, we’re currently unable to retrieve your list of games. Please reload and try again.

I'm unable to access the games I've installed. In my account transaction history however I can see pages of games that I have purchased.

I haven't been able to get onto any of my games since Sunday.

Message 35 of 198 (2,449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I see alot of people not being able to see their games library after purchasing or downloading new content or packs. I have not added any content or purchased anything new and I can see all my games and every other game launches just fine. But when attempting to launch the Sims 4 it just refuses to launch. It worked fine and then a few hours later when attempting to play again it just wouldn't load. I repaired, updated, uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted CC and Mods, uninstalled and reinstalled origin but no results. I tried to find the logs to post but I'm not sure what I'm doing there. I went to the application support folder as instructed and opened the Origins folder but I do not see a logs folder in there. 

Message 36 of 198 (2,495 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@karmulsweets 

@puzzlezaddict had to help me with this as well. Open Finder and press the option key. When you go to the Go tab at the top of the page now, it will lead you to the correct library. You can also open finder, go to the Go drop down and then hit the option key. You will see the Library tab appear.

If you copy the Client Logs folder to your desktop, it is easier to find to upload to the forum.

Let me know if you need any further help!

The (option) Go > Library > Application Support > Origin path will take you right to the logs.

Message 37 of 198 (2,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem. Ive downloaded the sims 4 to origin and i can see the game on the origin website and not on my origin app. It redirects me to the app but then it says "Unidentified game" so i put in the code for the sims 4 again and it says the code has already been redeemed 

Message 38 of 198 (2,465 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@breelah Thank you so much! that really helped!
Message 39 of 198 (2,458 Views)

★★★★ Novice

These are my logs. Hopefully I did this right!

Message 40 of 198 (2,449 Views)