[Mac] Origin - Connection and Library Issues

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: [Mac] Origin - Connection and Library Issues

★★★ Newbie

I'm having literally the exact same problem! I have OS X Yosemite and Sims has been running smoothly until I downloaded island living today and after that everything you said happened , happened in that exact same way to me!! Hopefully they'll have the issue fixed soon because I checked the requirements and we should be able to play sims no problem with Yosemite. The minimum version of Mac software you have to have is actually really old, so.

Message 61 of 198 (1,493 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@breelah I did delete the new origin and emptied the trash and restarted the computer. I downloaded legacy and it just had the same results as the new origin. It refuses to launch the Sims game. Nothing I try is working for me. I really hope EA comes up with a solution soon because this is getting really frustrating.
Message 62 of 198 (1,484 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@karmulsweets what is making me more antsy is the possibility the game won't install when origin gets back online, and then my $40 just went into the trash....
Message 63 of 198 (1,476 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@deson1234 Yes me too. Most of us are in this for a lot more than $40 with all the expansions and packs involved.
Message 64 of 198 (1,471 Views)

★ Novice

Heres my log 

Message 65 of 198 (1,460 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This may sound dramatic but THANK YOU SO MUCH! It's ridiculous that a game company can't provide GAMES to their players and customers. I can finally get my money's worth. You're a genius, thank you for your help Standard smile

Message 66 of 198 (1,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@karmulsweets Unfortunately your problem looks like something different. The legacy client only helps if you are not able to connect to Origin servers (which is not your case, because you are able to start everything except Sims).
In your case I would still use the new Origin client.
However it’s not clear to me, what exactly is happening when you try to start the Sims. Do you see any error messages? Is it just doing nothing as if you haven’t even started it? Is it frozen? Or something else?

Also, I would try these hints:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/461...

Mainly the first one (drag the Sims folder to the desktop, or simply rename it).

Message 67 of 198 (1,420 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing happens to me!

Message 68 of 198 (1,400 Views)

Message 69 of 198 (1,388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please fix this issue asap; this is very frustrating and I have never had this issue in the nineteen years I've been playing this game.

Message 70 of 198 (1,370 Views)