[Mac] Origin - Connection and Library Issues

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: [Mac] Origin - Connection and Library Issues

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. I bought the Island expansion pack and it didn't appear. Now I can't even run my game. 

I had chat support and I deleted the cashes. Now I can't fin the log anything, nor the install log. 

This is frustrating.

Message 21 of 198 (2,598 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Tysm! Also, how do I upload my logs? Sorry, I'm really dumb lol
Message 22 of 198 (2,580 Views)

@Ninaalol4  When you hit Reply, below the lower right corner of the text field (i.e. where you're typing) and above the Submit button, there's a button that says Browse or something like it, depending on the language.  It has a paper clip icon next to it.  Click the Browse button and select the file(s) you want to attach.  It's probably easier if you drag the logs to your desktop first, so you don't have to look for them again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 23 of 198 (2,565 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same exact issues. Posted in another thread and was directed here. Logs attached. Not sure it it matters, but I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times as part of other troubleshooting advice. 

Message 24 of 198 (2,531 Views)

Sims 4 won't show up in my game library

★★ Novice

I just bought Sims 4 on best buy's website (the digital download for mac). So I redeemed the code on the origin website for the game, and the game shows up in my game library on there, but it won't show up in my game library on the origin app on my computer. Whenever I reload it it shows this "Apologies for the inconvenience, we’re currently unable to retrieve your list of games. Please reload and try again." Help!!

Message 25 of 198 (2,533 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Someone said that downloading the older version of origin will work? on this thread --> https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/MAC-Origin-servers-temporarily-unavailable/td-...

Heres the link to download it --> Please click on the link mentioned below to download the legacyversion of Origin

https://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download/legacy 

Does anyone know if this is okay? 

Message 26 of 198 (2,509 Views)

@haileyprit  I've merged your post into the master thread for Mac/Origin issues.  EA is aware and is looking to collect Origin logs from affected Mac users.  You can read the initial post in this thread for more details, as well as instructions on where to find the logs.

It would be very much appreciated if you could provide your logs.  You can also keep an eye on this thread for any updates on the problem.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 27 of 198 (2,506 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hope this helps & gets everything fixed soon! <3

Message 28 of 198 (2,501 Views)

★★ Novice

please try to solve it fast...

Message 29 of 198 (2,482 Views)

★★ Novice

i had the exact problem yesterday. hope they will fix this very soon. we pay for our games, not by free play them !! 

Message 30 of 198 (2,482 Views)