[Mac] Origin - Connection and Library Issues

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: [Mac] Origin - Connection and Library Issues

★★★★ Novice
@sevillaab Same thing happened to me - Decided to splurge and purchase a bundle, nothing downloaded like it usually would. After maybe steps, I decided to reinstall origin and then there were no games in my library and now we're all here. It's so frustrating that after this many years Mac OS is still having so many sims issues.
Message 11 of 198 (3,133 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's pretty frustrating. Maybe it's because of all the traffic of the new Island Living pack? Sooo many people have flocked to Origin to get it, maybe their servers just overloaded and had a mega crash for all Mac users.

Message 12 of 198 (3,116 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@sevillaab thats probably whats going on! Also sales were going throughout June too
Message 13 of 198 (3,113 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is my log! Thanks for your help!

Message 14 of 198 (3,101 Views)

★ Apprentice

I purchased a bundle Sunday morning and haven't been able to download as well.

I am having trouble finding my logs. I am going to Library-Application Support-Origin but there isn't a logs folder. Can someone please help me? The only folders under Origin are CatalogCache, DownloadCache, and LocalContent.

I appreciate anyone who can help!

Message 15 of 198 (3,086 Views)

The sims 4 wont download :(

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

So I just recently bought Island Living, Dine Out, and Perfect Patio stuff all together as a bundle. I used $73 CAD on it and it didnt download. So usually when I but a pack for the sims, I right click on the sims 4 and click on "Show Game Details." From there I go to "More" and i find the pack(s) and click download. Well this time it didnt show download. It that i needed to buy it again. So I clicked to buy it again (to see what would happen. I wouldn't buy it again since i already bought it once) and it said:

"Great news - you already have The Sims 4 Island Living. But you'll need the base game to access this content in your game library. You can purchase or just add it to your game library if you're an Origin Access member."

And it said that for the other two packs as well.

I already have the sims 4 base game. I even have other packs, so this isn't the first time I purchased a pack. All the other times everything was fine. So i don't know why this is happening. I tried to update the sims but it would always say Update Failed. :/

So being the very impatient and stupid person that I am, I decided to delete The Sims hoping that everything would work fine..

I was wrong.. very wrong. I clicked on The Sims 4 to download it again and it started Preparing for like 1 minute and then it said:

"Download Error

We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later."

My internet connection was definitely not the problem. My internet works perfectly.

Please help. I'm on mac if that helps. 

Message 16 of 198 (3,032 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here are the log files EA! Thank you @puzzlezaddict for your help!

Message 17 of 198 (3,050 Views)

@Ninaalol4  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  There are a number of current issues with Origin and macOS, and EA is looking to gather logs from affected users.  More information is in the initial post.

It would be a great help if you could upload your logs, and you can keep an eye on this thread for any possible updates.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 198 (3,007 Views)

★★★★ Novice

here's my logs

Message 19 of 198 (2,993 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the same issue everyone else seems to be having on my mac. Wasn't downloadig/updating my sims for game. Now the game is not showing up in my library at all. 

Here are my log files:

Message 20 of 198 (2,983 Views)