Re: [Mac] Origin - Connection and Library Issues

by robinsonjess

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I try to download the legacy origin, and it opens a tiny window that I can't resize. Any advice?

Message 181 of 198 (2,635 Views)

★ Novice

Recently I've been having a lot of issues with both Origin and The Sims 4. I was never able to update my Sims 4 game to the latest version with the 'Create a Sim' story mode that was released in July of this year, as it would tell me there were no updates available or that I did not have enough available space on my laptop. So I have now cleared enough room and that's when I began to run into issues with Origin. I made sure that Origin was updated to the current software, I followed the 'How to reset Origin on Mac' online tutorial. Even tried to uninstall and reinstall both Origin and The Sims 4. Now when I open Origin it tells me that my 'game library is currently empty' and opens with the message that the 'Origin servers are currently unavailable' (photo attached). So I am not able to re-download The Sims 4 and the moment as it just brings me to the purchasing page. 

I'm really just hoping I haven't lost everything with my Sims 4 game. If I lose the sims and houses I've created it's alright, I'm more so worried cause I have added and spent a lot on expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs. I do still have some of my emailed receipt copies from my purchases if required. I just really hope that someone is able to help me cause I am at a loss for what to do or try next. Please help me!! 

Message 182 of 198 (2,577 Views)

@kendrajoyce  What version of macOS do you have?  (To find out, click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select About This Mac.)  If you're still running Yosemite, it may help to download a legacy version of Origin.  First though, do a clean uninstall to remove all traces of the current Origin install from your computer.  Here's how:

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

You can download the legacy version from here:

https://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download/legacy

When installing, be sure to uncheck the box to automatically keep Origin and your games up to date, or else Origin will update itself to the current, nonworking version.

If you have a later OS, you can try these steps to troubleshoot.  Start with an Origin reset, and if that doesn't help, make sure proxies are disabled.  Instructions for each step are in this link:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/m-p/5371661...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 183 of 198 (2,565 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictThank you so so much for your help!! Downloading the legacy version of Origin after following that tutorial for uninstalling and removing all traces of the current Origin app seemed to do the trick. Everything is working perfectly again!

Thanks again! Standard smile

Message 184 of 198 (2,542 Views)

★ Novice

logs i have

Message 185 of 198 (2,499 Views)

★ Novice

i don't understand what to do for the origin installation logs?!!

Message 186 of 198 (2,499 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hope these are the logs necessary... I really wanna play the sims and I have it on my xbox but I don't like playing it on there and I have my expansion packs on my Mac

Message 187 of 198 (2,478 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Haven't been able to open my Origin for months now, have literally tried everything and still can't contact EA, I'm getting so frustrated I just want to play The Sims, ugh.  

Message 188 of 198 (2,466 Views)

★ Novice
@questionsii Same here. anyone know how to make the tiny window bigger????
Message 189 of 198 (2,419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I can't access my gallery in sims because origin won't connect. It's stuck at:

Well, that didn't go as planned

Origin encountered an issue loading this page. Please try reloading it – if that doesn’t work, restart the client or try again later.

Please help. Here is my log Standard smile

Message 190 of 198 (2,379 Views)