Re: [Mac] Origin - Connection and Library Issues

by jeffdsimmer

Original Post

★ Novice

I`ve been trying to play the sims but I can`t even connect to origin. It says that I should try later. I already tried uninstalling and install again but its not working.

Message 151 of 198 (1,172 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi! I'm having the same problem and I did the origin update in July and it has not been able to load since. The only way I can play the game is by going to the website>logging in>launching origin through the website>then the game starts up from there. 

I have reinstalled Origin that did not work either, I've tried two different internet connections, in success there either on getting the app to load instead of going through the silly website. 

Model: MacBook Pro mid 2015 

I have also checked my proxies and none are selected, so that work around is not working me either lol. Also looked through my cache and there's nothing to delete. Oh! also tried the little helper tool on Origins website ummmm... it launched origin and sat there for maybe about 30- 45 minutes w/o asking me anything like it said.

Please help. 

Aside from these, the actual gameplay is odd. I have two cured vampires and they both for instance still get an uneasy stomach and one has the damped emotions moodlet STILL. And I have tried feeding them plasma salad, and turning them into a vampire again then clearing the buffs. Did not work for a long time! Disappointed

Anyone let me know if they're having the same problems please! Standard smile

Message 152 of 198 (1,151 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @Sharky2345 @jeffdsimmer @spn-beast @dankartistdude 

You can find an up onthis post for how resolve the connecting issue (probably in waiting up of origin Standard smile)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Complete-Support-Origin-Connection-Issues/td-p...

Hope this post help you Standard smile.

Message 153 of 198 (1,120 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi! I wanna say thank you for your hospitality and helping us out! Standard smile I also wanted to say I did some more research and found that they have a restart tool, and if you use that it should work!

Reset article

if you just click the view more thingy after the "Resetting Origin" header it should explain everything. It won't mess with any of your downloaded games it'll try and add any un-downloaded ones to your que. 

I hope this helps someone! lmk if I can help Standard smile

Message 154 of 198 (1,101 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 155 of 198 (1,098 Views)

★ Novice

Hi! Thank you for the support but non of the solutions have worked for me Frown

Im still not able to login into origin so I cant play. I have tried a lot of ways but nothing is fixing the problem. Frown((((

Message 156 of 198 (1,086 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Sharky2345 Thank you for your help Standard smile
I can play the sims4 but I don't get the Juli update for sims4 and therefore I can't use the gallery and many objects.
Last year there was the same problem, only after a new origin update did it work again.
"Resetting Origin" didn't work for me too. :/
Message 157 of 198 (1,081 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jeffdsimmer hmmm I'm sorry to hear that ;( maybe try logging on to origin through your browser and lauching the game from there?
Message 158 of 198 (1,042 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Anches100 I hate that!! I'm sorry that didn't work! I wonder when they are going to release a new update.
Message 159 of 198 (1,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Sharky2345  Me too and I wonder the same thing, because it's been weeks. 

And the Moschino Stuff Pack is coming next week! :/ I hope it's coming soon.

Did you get the July update with the restart tool?

@Straatford87 Do you still need my log file?

Message 160 of 198 (1,015 Views)