Re: [Mac] Origin - Connection and Library Issues

by alpiat20

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
@RealFancySummer If you are using Mac OS Yosemite then please go ahead with the legacy version and if you are using newer OS like High Sierra or Mojave then please try to disable the proxies on your Mac.
Message 101 of 198 (1,029 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is what everyone else is attaching so I figured I would attach it as well.  Just got a new job so to celebrate I decided to splurge on three game packs and two stuff packs but now they won't download!  I know there is a new update coming in a couple of days so maybe that is affecting how everything is downloading but it's frustrating making a big purchase and not having it show up at all.

Message 102 of 198 (1,016 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@alpiat20 Please try the Legacy version once and disable the update while installing it.
https://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download/legacy
Message 103 of 198 (1,013 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@fl1pp3rr it worked thank you!!
Message 104 of 198 (1,004 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@alpiat20 Cheers!
Message 105 of 198 (997 Views)

★★ Novice
@fl1pp3rr thanks it worked for me too !
Message 106 of 198 (992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@hvisegvsdkhfg 

OMG OMG OMG! 

YOU ARE LITERALLY THE BEST HUMAN TO EVER EXIST!!!

I did the thing you said "to download the legacy thing," and now sims is working again!!!!!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

How do you only have the Novice rank?! YOU SHOULD BE AT HERO RANK by now, eh!

Thank you so so sooo much for helping me out!

But, there's one problem, now i can only play the sims by going onto the "legacy origin thing," I can no longer go onto the normal one to play sims. This is what happens: So whenever i go onto the normal origin and click on the sims, the play button is changed and now says details. I can't play sims normally anymore.. Also, on the other origin (the legacy thing) i can only see my library. I cant go to the store, i cant go to my home, i cant do anything, except staying in the library. 

So ya, those are the problems that have happened ever since download that other version of origin, and i don't know how to fix it. Please help me if you can. 

Thanks again. :D

Message 107 of 198 (920 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Origin unable to update/No new game in game library

★★★★★ Novice

@mtb2017 

same issue. Its also funny that we have the same issue and we bought the same packs.

Message 108 of 198 (906 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi @Straatford87 do they have any idea when the issue will be fixed.. It's been over 2 weeks now. Im using the Legacy version but its not the same.

Message 109 of 198 (899 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Ninaalol4 There is one thing can be done, You can try to update your Mac OS to High Sierra or Mojave.
Message 110 of 198 (889 Views)