Please make sure you uncheck the auto update for Origin client and Games while you are installing the Legacy version of the Origin client.
Hi! I'm having 2 issues now with my Sims 4 game (I'm a Mac user)
1) My sims 4 along with its 2 expansion packs won't update, it always ends up saying "We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later." Even though my internet connection is good. I've tried looking at several threads including this one but when I took the advice it didn't change anything.
2) I bought a bundle of Island Living-Dine Out-Outdoor patio and they've yet to show up in my game lib even though I already received an email (with no product code). I tried accessing the games online rather than on my origin app but when it says "Play in Origin" I'm still expected to give a product code that I don't have. When I click "buy the game" it says that I already have the game in my library. I already spoke to someone on EA help and all they could tell me was basically a lot of people are having the same problem as me and that they're trying to address it.
I just want to know what it is really that is the problem and why I don't have my product code. I asked if I could get my product code but it seemed like that wasn't an option for solving the issue
I purchased the Cats & Dogs expansion pack yesterday and it didn't appear in my game library. I clicked on "Show Game Details" then Expansion packs" and it said I had to still purchase it. When I click on that it says "Great news - you already have The Sims 4 Island Living. But you'll need the base game to access this content in your game library. You can purchase or just add it to your game library if you're an Origin Access member."
I re-installed origin several times but it kept coming up with the same error code. I tried to update and repair the base game but it would come up with this error -
"Download Error We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later."
I re-installed origin again and now Sims 4 game has deleted itself and it is saying "Your game library is currently empty."
I am using Macbook OS X Yosemite and I am unable to update.
If I buy Island Living on the actual website, will it download through Origin Legacy, or will I still have to wait for EA to actually fix the current Origin in order to play.
Hey! I've done a TON of searching and haven't been able to find anything - wondering if anyone can help. My Sims 4 game keeps crashing unexpectedly about 20-30 min into gameplay. It does not seem triggered by any particular thing, the game runs great until it crashes, and it gives no warnings. I have no CC or mods and currently have Sims 4 + Parenting, Cats and Dogs and Spa Day.
I'm having a possibly related and concurrent issue that I cannot repair or update my game - every time I try, it makes no progress in verifying files and after a few seconds says "We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later."
Things I've tried that have not been effective:
- Clearing out my Sims document folder (erased ALL my saved games - broke my heart - and did NOT change the error)
- Redownloading Origin
- Running diagnostic on my disk / "repairing" my disk
- Ensuring I have no weird proxies or connectivity issues
- Cleared my cache file by restarting
- Moved my options file to the desktop (that's before I did the whole document clearance thing)
- Restarted my computer about 350 times
- Cleared space off my harddrive to where I now have about 35 GB free
- Every other thing that's in a list somewhere that I can't remember
I'm running Yosemite OSx version 10.10.5 on a mid-2012 MacBook Air. It doesn't have trouble running anything else but the Sims, though I don't play any other games on it.
Any ideas? Appreciate it.