Re: [Mac] Origin - Connection and Library Issues

by amyscrackden

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Downloaded Legacy AND the origin app that the website tells you to download. Was then able to download, update and play Sims 4 w/ all expansion packs in Origin Legacy.

Message 71 of 198 (1,705 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm not good at things like this. Is this the same problem that Helper won't accept my password to install? I just want to play the Sims that I just bought expansions for I don't know how to do all this technical computer stuff.
Message 72 of 198 (1,703 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@hvisegvsdkhfgWhen I click on the Sims in Origin the icon appears in the tray and starts to bounce like it is going to load and the origin window goes away but then after a second or two the icon goes away and the origin window comes back up and nothing else. I dont get any error messages or anything else it just doesnt launch. I have already tried all those hints as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the game and origin. But nothing seems to work. The game played fine and then I shut it down to do some other things and when I tried to launch it again it wouldnt work. This was over a week a go. When I contacted EA support I told them Origin connects but the game wont launch and they said it was an issue a lot of Macs were having and all I can do is wait. But it seems like the others are having a different issue than me as you stated so I'm really frustrated at this point.

Message 73 of 198 (1,693 Views)

@taxdollars  The helper tool issue is different.  When you're asked for permission to install it, make sure you're using the password for your computer, not for Origin, and that you're using an admin account on your computer (or else you won't be able to grant permission).

If you still can't install it, please see the first post in this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Mac-Permission-to-install-Helper-Tool-error-20...

It would be very helpful if you could run the provided script—linked in the second post on page 1—and attach it to a post in that thread.  The issue is uncommon enough now that it's hard to find affected Mac users, so any information you could add to the thread would be great.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 74 of 198 (1,684 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks! I'll try that script.
Message 75 of 198 (1,672 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Other companies have kept their CDN's working over HTTP, I am hoping EA can do the same. Riot/League of Legends detects if the CDN IP is an RFC1918 address and it falls back to HTTP if so. They have recently changed their system to download a secure hash manifest over HTTPS first, just to guarantee the files are not tampered with. This should remedy any security problems.

Message 76 of 198 (1,644 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

hi I'm having the same problem

Message 77 of 198 (1,627 Views)

★★★ Novice

Haven't been able to access myself for almost a month. Around the time the Sim4 Island Living patch came out. Hope the logs help

Message 78 of 198 (1,619 Views)

★★ Novice

Please help

Message 79 of 198 (1,580 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone,

Thank you for posting your logs. This issue is still under investigation.

In the meantime, @breelah posted a workaround to temporarily switch to the legacy Origin client. That should get most of you back into the game: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Mac-Origin-Connection-and-Library-Issues/m-p/8...

Message 80 of 198 (1,571 Views)