Re: [Mac] Origin - Connection and Library Issues

by breelah

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@breelahIf I remember correctly, everything (meaning updates for every installed game / expansion) were downloaded automatically once I’ve started the client. I was also able to download new expansion manually.

I’m currently not next to my Mac, but I would try right click and “Repair” (if it’s there) to see if it starts doing something.

@nexusofdoom In many cases, yes. Since the switch to https, a lot of clients on Mac started to throw SSL handshake errors due to which no downloads from Origin servers are possible.

Message 51 of 198 (6,208 Views)

★ Apprentice

@hvisegvsdkhfg Unfortunately I cannot find a Repair button. When I click on Sims 4, the Paused Repair isn't a link. It is also not a link on any of the games. It is very strange. I have tried double clicking on each pack/expansion along with trying to open them from origin.com. No luck. Anything else that I can try?

Message 52 of 198 (6,206 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is starting to get irritating. I spent SIXTY dollars, REAL MONEY on this headache and nearly a week later it is still unresponsive. If it's this hard to figure out the issue with a vast amount of Mac users and their connection to the Sims 4 and Origin, maybe giving over a thousand people a refund of their base game would make customers less aggravated with the crappy customer service and slow responses. No hate to EA, but people hold their name much higher than they should if this is the quality of assistance we are receiving. I'm close to repurchasing the Sims 4 through the Origin client. If I did that, would all past gameplay be erased? 

Message 53 of 198 (6,199 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@breelah I suppose it also matters what was the state of the previous Origin client (the new one). I would try the following:
1) Stop the currently running Origin client.
2) Go to the Applications folder and rename Origin to Origin_legacy
3) Rename the Origin_new (if you left the new client and renamed it) to Origin
4) Try to start it. Once the “cannot connect ...” errors appear, stop the new Origin client as well.
5) Try to clean the caches, reset the client and the usual stuff mentioned in all of these forum threads
6) Do not start the client, but rename it back to Origin_new, then rename Origin_legacy to Origin and try to start it.

If that does not work, you can try to upload your new Client_log.txt and I will take a look to see if there are some additional issues there.
Message 54 of 198 (6,196 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@hvisegvsdkhfg So I closed out origin legacy and then reopened it. It downloaded my new games with no problem and then repaired all of the older ones. Now I am just waiting on all of that to load! Crossing my fingers here that I can play it once it is complete.

Thank you so much for all of your help!! Need to spread the word on here that this is an option until they fix the newest version of Origin.

Message 55 of 198 (6,185 Views)

★ Apprentice

@hvisegvsdkhfg The older version seems to be working it's downloading my Sim 4 now.

Message 56 of 198 (6,162 Views)

★ Apprentice

Everyone! Delete the newest version of origin (or rename it to Origin_New) and download the Origin Legacy version. The link is below. All new games have been downloaded and older games repaired.

Welcome back to playing until they fix the newest Origin!

Thanks @hvisegvsdkhfg for all the support.

Origin Legacy via the following link:
https://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download/legacy

Message 57 of 198 (6,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've tried downloading Origin Legacy and playing the game from there but it still does not launch. Anything else I can try??? I've been locked out of this game for over a week now.

Message 58 of 198 (6,140 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@karmulsweets 

Did you delete the newer Origin? Under applications, make sure you drag it into the trash. Then download the legacy one. If it doesn't work the first time, close it and restart your computer. When I opened the legacy up the second time, it then went into action downloading/repairing. Under the 'My Games' tab, double click on the Sims 4 to get it going. I hope this works.

Message 59 of 198 (6,124 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Just adding to the conversation that the legacy version worked for me. Hopefully those having problems with the legacy can get that sorted as a work around for now. Still waiting on the update from EA though...

Message 60 of 198 (6,112 Views)