(Mac) Download Button Not Working for Sims 4 packs

by xlaviudanegrax

Original Post

Re: Origin Download Button Not Working

★ Novice

Thank you so much ! I was pissed because I thought I had wasted my money and was gonna have to contact the support service but you solved my issue 

Message 91 of 314 (1,083 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Stuff packs not downloading

★★★ Newbie
@jim_slimothy I've found a fix! In settings make sure that technical previews are turned off, restart the app and hopefully that works, it has for me.
Message 92 of 314 (1,082 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Stuff packs not downloading

★★★ Novice

youre a lifesaver!!!!!! thank you so much for sharing the fix Standard smile

Message 93 of 314 (1,351 Views)

cant download my new stuffpack

★★★ Newbie

I just bought a new stuffpack, but it did not download automatically (like it usually does) so i am trying to click on the download button but nothing is happening, can someone help me?

Message 94 of 314 (1,343 Views)

Expansion Packs won't Download

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys, so I downloaded the sims 4 on my Mac yesterday and I bought an expansion pack bundle as well. I downloaded the sims 4 on my computer but I can't download my game/stuff/expansion packs. I click the download button on Origin and nothing happens. When I open my game it says I own the packs but I need to download them in order to use them in game. How do I get the packs to download on my Mac? Any help is appreciated Standard smile

Message 95 of 314 (1,323 Views)

Re: cant download my new stuffpack

Community Manager
Hi folks,

Some of you may notice your posts been merged into this thread. Please try the workaround shared in the accepted solution; turn off the technical preview under preferences.

So far, this seems to be helping many who's running into this issue with the download buttion.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 96 of 314 (1,381 Views)

Re: Expansion Packs won't Download

★★★ Newbie
@oliviaakerwin Yes, i had the same problem just now, but fixed it. What I did was i went to "applications settings", then I went under "client update" and turned off the "Participate in Origin technical previews", and then just re start the origin, and it started to download! Hope this helps.
Message 97 of 314 (1,317 Views)

Cats and dogs pack downloaded but not working in sims 4

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I just bought the cars and dogs expansion pack for sims 4.  In my order history it says it is complete and it says I have it. However when I go into the game I can’t make any cats and dogs , or use any of the content in build mode. I am using sims 4 with origin on a Mac book pro, It’s been a few hours since I bought it.   For example for Airedale terroir 2.0,  it says it uses only the cats and dogs pack but When I roll over the download icon it says I do not have the content required for these pets.

Message 98 of 314 (972 Views)

No Expansion Packs are Downloading, help!

★★★ Newbie

Hi There,

I bought a new expansion pack yesterday 11/27 and for some reason it wouldn't download. I then reinstalled origin with no luck.  After that uninstalled the Sims 4 to get a fresh start and when I went to reinstall only the main game would download. All 6 of my expansion packs would not download.  I just click "download" and nothing ever initiates.

I spent an hour with support, I made sure the game was "repaired", Origin was hard deleted the reinstalled, I even updated to MAC Big Sur OS and reset my hardrive and started fresh.  Still having the same issue.  Support said there weren't any known issues.   

Is there any help out there? I want to download another expansion pack but definitely won't if none of them will work.  Thanks! 

Message 99 of 314 (1,348 Views)

Re: Origin Download Button Not Working

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict it seem work to me. Thank you.
Message 100 of 314 (1,375 Views)