(Mac) Download Button Not Working for Sims 4 packs

by xlaviudanegrax

Original Post

Re: Unable to download expansion pack

★ Guide

I posted on another thread and then realized it was posted in Sims 3.

Yeah, same thing. I even tried giving Origin access to my full disk. I tried safe mode. I tried clearing DNS cache. Went through all the troubleshooting steps in this forum. Uninstalling and clearing cache and reinstalling Origin.

Absolutely nothing is working. Except... now I have the problem that I uninstalled Sims 4 and tried reinstalling, now NONE OF THE PACKS ARE DOWNLOADING. 🙃

To be fair, I realized they updated Sims 3 for Mac finally and tried downloading that again. Those packs won't download, either.

Message 11 of 314 (2,368 Views)

Re: Can't download packs

★ Guide

Replying to this threat (I've replied to two similar threads) just to say that I have had the same issue despite running through the whole entire troubleshooting list, short of resetting my entire Mac to factory settings. And no, it's not a hardware issue.

It's most decidedly an Origin issue.

Message 12 of 314 (2,368 Views)

Re: sims 4 expansion packs wont download

★ Guide

I've noticed many people are having this same issue all over again, but I think it's a different problem. Uninstalling, deleting cache, and reinstalling isn't fixing it.

Message 13 of 314 (1,739 Views)

Re: Origin Download Button Not Working

@xlaviudanegrax  Please let me know the full file path to the Sims 4.app.  Right-click, or hold down crtl and click, on the Sims 4 icon and select Get Info, and you'll see the file path under "where."  You can write [username] instead of your username if you want, but please leave the rest of the file path intact.

Please also let me know how much free and total storage your Mac has.  Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen, select About This Mac, and click the Storage tab.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 314 (2,537 Views)

Re: sims 4 expansion packs wont download

@LadyLexiety (and anyone else affected)  If you have a Mac, please try the suggestions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Origin-Download-Button-Not-Working/m-p/9784526...

They apparently work at least some of the time.

If you do have a Mac and that doesn't help, please use that thread—it'll be easier to keep track of the issue and potential workarounds if most of the reports are in one place.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 15 of 314 (1,734 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks much. Went through that process as well.

Still no downloads.

Additionally, I'm unable to access Origin in-game by hitting CTRL+1 (Mac, I believe) or shift+F1 (Windows?). I just get no response. I don't know if that has any bearing, but I have a feeling it might.

Message 16 of 314 (2,520 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict The file path is /Users/{username}/Applications. My Mac is new, so I have 429 GB available.

Message 17 of 314 (2,521 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@LadyLexiety I also have that problem, I was trying to do ctrl  + 1 on my Mac and it didn't work Frown

Message 18 of 314 (2,513 Views)

★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict I noticed mine was also Users/sixelawho/Applications.

It used to be Computer/Applications.

I moved Sims 3 & 4 over to Computer/Applications and changed download preferences as well.

Download button still unresponsive. Started up the game again. Still no dice.

@xlaviudanegrax Wish I had that many gigs available, hah. I've got 40 GB available. But it's only a 125 GB hard drive.

Message 19 of 314 (2,510 Views)

Cannot Download Sims 4 Expansion Packs on MacOS

★★★★★ Novice

I finally figured out how to download Origin and The Sims 4 but now I cannot download the expansion packs. No error messages or pop ups, just does nothing when I click download.

Here is some information- 

I have installed and uninstalled Origin 4 times

I used the Origin Installation Troubleshooter 2 times

I have cleared the cache multiple times

I am running on 11.0.1 (20B29) Big Sur

No CC

Thank you!

Message 20 of 314 (2,365 Views)