Origin won't download my game

by kaymaewifey

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Expansion Packs

★ Guide
@Skategamer579 On a Mac, upper left hand of the screen, click Origin, then Preferences, scroll down to "Client Update" section, deselect "Participate in Origin technical previews."

And I can't reply to everyone else directly, but y'all, I FEEL YOU. I was ready to trash the whole computer. I was mad frustrated. I'm glad this is now a recognized issue; hopefully this will help them improve future updates. I guess that's the point of beta testing. 🤷🏽‍♀️
Message 101 of 314 (6,109 Views)

Game pack won’t download

★★ Novice

I recently just bought a new pack- realm of magic. Usually when I buy game packs/stuff packs, they automatically download and install into my game. However, that didn’t happen and when I go to manually download the pack, it won’t do anything. I have the MacBook Air and I’ve tried uninstalling origin and I’ve made space on my laptop as well as restarted the whole laptop. Any tips? 

Message 102 of 314 (1,922 Views)

Re: Game pack won’t download

Community Manager
Hi @2lilybean,

I've popped your post into the main thread on this. Could you turn off the technical preview under preferences and see if that helps you with this? Do let me know how you get on with that.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 103 of 314 (1,912 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Lanna Okay, I did this and it still won’t do anything. I did it twice and nothing is happening when I hit the download button. Any more tips are grateful.

Message 104 of 314 (1,613 Views)

Community Manager
Hi,

Thanks for trying it @2lilybean, I'm sorry it didn't do the trick for you. At the moment, that's the only successful workaround that's helped players running into this. It may help to try some general troubleshooting like clearing cache and doing a reboot. However if those steps don't do the job, please know this has been flagged as an issue and our investigating team is looking into this.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 105 of 314 (1,604 Views)
Highlighted

Origin won't download my game

★ Novice

Hi everyone! So I have Sims 4. I recently purchased three stuff packs and another expansion pack. I tried hitting the download button on the items I purchased and it won't download. It's not greyed out or anything. But my MacBook isn't crashing and it allows me to go into my Sims game and play. When I hover over the icons I purchased it just says to download first and then reset Origin. But when I go into my Game Library to download it says download but when I press it it doesn't do anything. Any thoughts about this issue? I tried everything. I looked at the Catche, reinstalled and installed, reset everything. Help please! Attached is a picture of what it looks like.

Message 106 of 314 (1,541 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Expansion Packs

★★ Novice

Thank you sooo much it’s now downloading you helped a lot 

Message 107 of 314 (1,590 Views)

Re: No Expansion Packs are Downloading, help!

@claytoinpdx

Opt out of the beta/technical preview in Origin > Application Settings.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 108 of 314 (1,594 Views)

@2lilybean

Did you quit and reopen Origin after disabling the technical preview? When you reopen Origin it shouldn't say 'Technical Preview' in the top right corner anymore.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 109 of 314 (1,616 Views)

Sims 4 can’t download

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have bought a Sims extension pack and it won’t let me download it. I have a Mac computer and I’m able to download the bass game fine and it works perfectly but when I went to download an extra extension pack after I bought it it won’t let me download it the button is highlighted when I run my mouse over it will click on it but nothing happens, i’ve deleted origin and the game and tried downloading them both again but the same problems exist. Is there any way I can fix this problem or move the existing games that I bought from origin to something like steam???

Message 110 of 314 (1,540 Views)