Re: Unable to download expansion pack

by LadyLexiety

Original Post

Re: Origin Download Button Not Working

★ Guide
@hkooz At the start of this headache (several hours ago), I still had Catalina. I updated to Big Sur to see if that would fix it. It did not.

When I opened Origin, it updated. The last time I had Origin open (a week or two ago?), I downloaded expansion packs with no problem. It seems that the newest update is the problem, then?

I don't know, but a solution would be most excellent, as I ADHD hyper-focused on this alllllll. afternoon. long. But in all reality, I'll probably log off tonight to get some zzz's, forget all of this tomorrow, and not pick up my computer to play Sims again for another three months. 😏
Message 31 of 314 (1,913 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@LadyLexiety It's definitely a software bug on Macs. Origin still downloads expansions on my Windows laptop. I just want The Sims on my Mac because my Windows laptop is laggy. 🙃🙃

Message 32 of 314 (1,905 Views)

★★★ Novice

Glad to see other people are experiencing the same problem, the worker who helped me said if enough people have the same issue, they will report it and try to get it solved. Tried what the thread said but sadly nothing happened. Hopefully this will be solved soon!

Message 33 of 314 (1,894 Views)

★ Guide
@xlaviudanegrax Haha, preach. I got my Mac for college with a scholarship, and I haven't looked back at Windows once. It seriously makes a huge difference with a behemoth of a game like Sims.

To be fair, though, it could be as bad as struggling to play the comparatively monstrous Sims 2 on our poorly equipped Windows XP computers. 😂😂
Message 34 of 314 (1,948 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@chris411chris411 Subscribe to the thread, anyway, just in case we come across a miracle. 😂 I have a feeling it's definitely going to become a huge issue soon, but with the holiday imminent, who knows when they'll have a fix. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Message 35 of 314 (1,891 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@LadyLexiety I also got it for college, haha. I'm a broke CS student and I'm trying to sell my Windows laptop for $$. If I can't download The Sims on my Mac then I'm burdened with Windows until EA fixes the bug which is who knows when 😀👍🏾

Message 36 of 314 (1,944 Views)

★ Guide

Y'all.

Y'all.

Y'ALLLLLLLL.

I'm throwing the whole entire computer out the window. Dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow, DISHONOR ON YOUR WHOLE ENTIRE FAMILY, ORIGIN.

Turn off technical preview under preferences.

You're welcome. God bless. Enjoy.

I HATE YOU, ORIGIN.

I REALLY HATE YOU. 😏 

Message 37 of 314 (3,796 Views)

★ Guide
@xlaviudanegrax GLAD TO BE OF ASSISTANCE. 😂😭😂😭😂

I'm so irritated right now. I blame ADHD. I did NOT notice the "Technical Preview" in the upper right corner of Origin. I never pay attention to details... ever... until I do, and that's the only thing I see in all of existence.

And then I was like, heffa... WHAT IS THAT?

Googled it. Turned that beta crap off. Quit and reopened. It updated again, finally started up.

BOOM, automatically asking for my permission to download.

Well. That was a fun day.

Anyway. CS student?
Message 38 of 314 (1,979 Views)

★ Guide

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 22.24.15.png

Pics or it didn't happen. 😏 

Message 39 of 314 (1,976 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@LadyLexiety ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Wow. ITS WORKING!!!
Message 40 of 314 (1,964 Views)