Re: Can't download packs

by LadyLexiety

Original Post

Re: Origin Download Button Not Working

★★★ Newbie

So glad I'm not the only one having this problem. I tried talking to customer service and they helped me as much as they could and still nothing. I have been trying since 4pm..

Message 21 of 314 (2,111 Views)

★★ Novice
@LadyLexiety I am having the same issue. Hopefully someone can help us!
Message 22 of 314 (2,132 Views)

Re: Cannot Download Sims 4 Expansion Packs on MacOS

★ Guide

This is an issue multiple players are having. Trying to see if we can figure it out.

Origin Download Button Not Working 

Message 23 of 314 (2,057 Views)

★ Guide

Follow us over here, trying to see if we can figure out the problem and get everybody on one threat:

Message 24 of 314 (2,049 Views)

Re: Unable to download expansion pack

★ Guide

@chris411chris411 Check this thread out... hopefully we can narrow it down to one thread and figure out the issue.

Message 25 of 314 (2,048 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@LadyLexiety I am so glad I am not the only one going through this! I think the issue is that Origin is not 100% compatible with Big Sur. I have tried everything under the sun. I will be following this thread!
Message 26 of 314 (2,168 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@mstevenson77 That makes so much sense! My Mac is still on the latest version of Catalina so it might not work as well there either. 

Message 27 of 314 (2,146 Views)

★★ Novice

I just got a new iMac today and tried to download my sims 4 expansion packs and nothing. However I am still on Catalina not Big Sur? Whatever the issue is I hope it gets fixed soon 

Message 28 of 314 (2,134 Views)

The Sims 4 DLCs won't download

★ Novice

Hello,

I bought The Sims 4 Strangerville game pack today but after pressing the download button I didn't see any message; it just wouldn't download. I've tried cleaning my cache, uninstalling and re-installing origin and then the Sims 4. The base game installed just fine the second time but not one of my expansions will download, just like with the Strangerville DLC. Does anyone have ideas of what I should do?

Thank you so so much

Message 29 of 314 (2,042 Views)

★ Guide
@mstevenson77 I'm thinking that, too... like there's an error in the coding somewhere or mismatched settings.

I figured I'll throw this on here for giggles, too:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017)
2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB
8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 memory
macOS Big Sur Version 11.0.1
System Firmware Version: 429.50.1.0.0
SMC Version (system): 2.43f10

Running version 10.5.89.45622 - 766518 of Origin.

Not that it makes much difference because it's clearly not a hardware issue if multiple Mac users (apparently with varying macOS, too) are having the same problem, but I did run a hardware check. No errors found.
Message 30 of 314 (2,122 Views)