Re: MY SIMS WON'T DOWNLOAD ON MAC! Stuck at 98%

by DreaGraf

Original Post

★ Apprentice

@dazycrazybeauty Let us know what you hear. I’ve been tweeting EA Help, Origin Insider and The Sims with no answers today. 

Message 121 of 194 (615 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@elenaelena15 Yeah, I know. Really annoyed by all this because I’ve been part of the franchise forever (I still have all my sims 2 disks, but alas no computer that still has a disk drive)

But I feel ya on the buyers remorse. I regret purchasing because I could have gotten a ton of creation club credits from Bethesda instead and really amped up my Skyrim game.
Message 122 of 194 (615 Views)

★ Apprentice

Been around since SimCity and switched over to The Sims as soon as it was released.  I’ve had LITERALLY ever single game and expansion pack and this may be what makes me jump ship. All they need to do is acknowledge it update us as things progress. Instead they’re blowing us off. 

Message 123 of 194 (606 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just downloaded the sims 3, it works perfectly fine... I'm very confused!!

Message 124 of 194 (600 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@DreaGraf One thing’s for sure, EA’s not getting a dime from me in regards to Star Wars: Fallen Order.
Message 125 of 194 (596 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@dazycrazybeauty I’ve had no problem running Sims 3 from my MacBook Air without Origin even needing to be running. I think it’s because of how the game was installed in the applications folder on the hard drive rather than thorough Origin’s installation.
Message 126 of 194 (585 Views)

@dazycrazybeauty  Just to clarify, the Sims 4 update that made the game not work in Lion has nothing to do with why TS4 won't finish downloading now.  If the two were related, we'd have seen many reports starting when that update was released on October 3rd.  There have been (smaller) issues with downloading since then—errors saying files can't be downloaded to a specific location—and perhaps this problem is the result of trying to fix the others.  But that's just speculation on my part; I don't actually know anything about it.

And from the reports, it looks like most Mac users have had no trouble downloading and installing Sims 4, even though there's a sizeable population that can't.  I've installed the game a couple of times in the past few days, and it clearly has installed properly in El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, and Catalina.  So it's not incompatible with macOS overall.

I know this is frustrating, and I wish I had an idea of why this is happening.  Hopefully there will be a fix or workaround soon.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 127 of 194 (541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictso I guess because we're not the majority of users, according to you, then it's okay for those of us experiencing this issue to be ignored? People need to be refunded their money at the very least.

I'd love a link to said reports, please Standard smile

Message 128 of 194 (535 Views)

★ Apprentice

I wish there was a way around installing through Origin. 

Message 129 of 194 (531 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@DreaGraf If you buy a cd drive attachment and install a cd.... do you think it would work?

Message 130 of 194 (523 Views)