Re: Sims 4 download stuck at 0B/sec

by dreaming22

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@kate45639 hi kate, everyone here has done just about everything you've described. i've also upgraded from Mojave to Catalina and no luck, along with every other suggestion here. Looks like no one knows what's going on :/ I spoke with EA tech support earlier and it was a whole lot of nothing. The guy recommended i upgrade to Catalina and restart origin and said that my mac might not be compatible (but it's a 2018 macbook air so i know it should be compatible...)
Message 81 of 194 (640 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This entire situation is so frustrating... especially with University just coming out. I was really looking forward to playing this weekend. I just contacted EA support through their live chat option. The person I talked to was very helpful and she said she did some general troubleshooting on my account and to give it some time to sync before I attempted to download again. It's been about 45 minutes since our chat, so I'm attempting a 10th download now. Praying it works! I'll let you guys know my outcome in a few minutes.

Message 82 of 194 (627 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Update: Whatever "troubleshooting" they did on my account does not seem to have worked. Download still stops right at 14.27GB Devil

Message 83 of 194 (622 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just unboxed a brand new iMac with Catalina and am having the EXACT same issue. Download stalls out at 98% 0h 0m 0s remaining. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting my router, restarting my computer, running it in safe mode, running the reset tool, everything. It’s not old files doing it, it seems to be something wrong with Origin. 

Message 84 of 194 (606 Views)

Re: MY SIMS WON'T DOWNLOAD ON MAC! Stuck at 98%

★ Novice

You guys should try to download sims 4 legacy. It’s the same thing as sims 4, but there was an update that doesn’t support my Mac anymore and it was recommended that I download the sims 4 legacy. It is free if you already have the base game.

Message 85 of 194 (589 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@DreaGraf I think you might be right that it’s an Origin issue. Since Origin is the only way we Mac users can get our download from the game installed (not sure how PC users do it, do they just DL the .exe file from Origin and then install outside the program?) the roll out of the legacy version probably did something weird to the installation of the regular game.

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
Message 86 of 194 (581 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Anyai12 I have a brand new machine. I shouldn’t need legacy. Also, apparently Discover University isn’t compatible with legacy edition. I don’t want to risk it. 

Message 87 of 194 (561 Views)

★ Novice

someone please update when it finally starts working please. Frown

Message 88 of 194 (543 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Anyai12 Legacy will no longer be updated and you won't have access to the gallery. any bug fixes or updates will not be made for legacy edition, and you can't play any release beyond Island Living. We have compatible machines, this should be working!
Message 89 of 194 (510 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Really frustrating how EA/Origin are seemingly abandoning us on this. Absolutely no word when several of their customers have this issue? Awful.
Message 90 of 194 (506 Views)