by whdickinson

Original Post

Re: MSVCP140.dll missing - in newly reinstalled Origin

★★★ Newbie

I HAD SAME ISSUE YOU SAVED ME THANK YOU SO MUCH 

Message 61 of 453 (5,609 Views)

★★★ Novice

The main solution, or the troubleshoot compatibility one?

Message 62 of 453 (5,568 Views)

Re: origin installer wont launch

★★ Novice

This worked for me. The issue wasn't that I was adding x86 when I would download but that it wouldn't make the change until I uninstalled visual first. Reinstalling it set it to the proper settings. So thank you very much

Message 63 of 453 (5,530 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I understand this is an old post but hoping you can help. I'm having this exact issue, I've tried to uninstall the C++ x64 and x86. Reinstall both but my laptop wont let me install properly and I have another error message. "Setup Failed. One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Please fix the issues and then retry setup. For more information see the log file. 0x80240017 - Unspecified error."

Do you have any ideas what I might be able to do here?

Message 64 of 453 (5,450 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 65 of 453 (5,437 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @tomrose you can fix this issue by following the steps below:

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 66 of 453 (5,401 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The issue is with EA and Origin! You guys need to take responsibility for your issue. Look at what proper game distribution software does: Steam installs VC Runtime automatically to make sure that the software's dependencies are correctly installed instead of shifting blame to the end-user. PLEASE FIX YOUR CRAP, the issue isn't with our computers, the issue is with Origin. FIX IT.

Message 67 of 453 (5,341 Views)

★★★ Novice

@PooblicMY wrote:

The issue is with EA and Origin! You guys need to take responsibility for your issue. Look at what proper game distribution software does: Steam installs VC Runtime automatically to make sure that the software's dependencies are correctly installed instead of shifting blame to the end-user. PLEASE FIX YOUR CRAP, the issue isn't with our computers, the issue is with Origin. FIX IT.

I know right

Message 68 of 453 (5,318 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko You are amazing and SO very appreciated. Sending good energy to you, as our thanks!!
Message 69 of 453 (5,292 Views)

Community Manager

Happy to be of help @KawaiiCatSue.

Buster Keaton The Cook GIF by Maudit - Find & Share on GIPHY

Darko

Darko.png
Message 70 of 453 (5,268 Views)