MSVCP and VCRUNTIME Error Codes

by DoppelgangerMel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

MSVCP and VCRUNTIME Error Codes

★★★ Newbie

I am actually going insane. Since the update, I haven't been able to play. I have done EVERYTHING to fix this issue. When I download the files that are in all the threads, after DELETING ones I already have, it states they are already installed. EA has been ZERO help so hopefully, fellow gamers can help me out here. Legit spent too much money on Sims 4 to nt be able to play. My computer is BRAND NEW, has worked fine until these recent updatesFrown 

The codes are MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll I have downloaded the x64 and x86 or whatever 3 times now. I am completely lost. Waited 30 minutes to get help for them to leave after 5. Super frustrating. 

Message 1 of 24 (3,173 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: MSVCP and VCRUNTIME Error Codes

Community Manager

Hey @DoppelgangerMel can you try installing the most up to date version of VC++ to see if it helps.

You can find the latest version on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You need to install both of the following:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 24 (3,135 Views)

All Replies

Re: MSVCP and VCRUNTIME Error Codes

Community Manager

Hey @DoppelgangerMel can you try installing the most up to date version of VC++ to see if it helps.

You can find the latest version on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 24 (3,136 Views)

Can

★ Novice

I can't download orgin. It keeps coming up with this message. Does anyone know how to fix it?Screenshot (1).png

Message 3 of 24 (3,146 Views)

Re: Can

★★★ Newbie

This is my problem too Frown 

Message 4 of 24 (3,089 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,  you can fix that error by downloading and installing the VC++ files that I shared above.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 24 (3,063 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i did this and im still getting the same errors

Message 6 of 24 (3,026 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @jaquaaan did you download and install both files?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 24 (3,005 Views)

Cant install origins

★★★ Newbie

I recently had to format my PC and I downloaded the origins installer and when I try to install it gives me pop up errors....."The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.".... and the same for MSVCP140.dll.....can anyone help???

Message 8 of 24 (2,985 Views)

Re: Cant install origins

Community Manager

Hey @sharknote can you try installing the most up to date version of VC++ to see if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 24 (2,959 Views)

igoproxy64.exe and MSVCP140.dll

★★ Novice

Hi guys, I need some help if possible. I haven't played any origin games in maybe 2-3 months now and when I tried to start any game I get these 2 error messages (Only took Screenshots of FIFA 21 because I thought that every games error message cause they're all the same)

Message 10 of 24 (2,966 Views)