MSCVP100.dll is missing - Origin.exe

by smansour519

Original Post

Re: MSCVP100.dll is missing - Origin.exe

★★ Novice

Using the Windows 10 platform, I have received a notification that my MSVCP100.dll was missing and wasn't able to launch Sims4. Now it is not the only game that isn't launching on my desktop. The link that you have provided does not work for it is the Visual C++ Package that was released back in 2010.

I am not sure where to go after this but to look and dig deeper to try and resolve this myself. If you can manage to wrangle a new location with link to follow, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Message 41 of 73 (3,894 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is what you have to do and I already heave the latest version on my computer but it still comes up with the dll thing! What do I do!!!!!????? Please help. Broken heart

Message 42 of 73 (3,563 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah me to. Devil

Spoiler

Message 43 of 73 (3,569 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem and I had to download some win 7 dlls to get programs to work in win10 10240 ---For Win7 32-bit: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id...

For Win7 64-bit: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id...  just in case you don't have >microsoft visualc++2010 redistibutable installed 

I downloaded these and it worked perfectly!!!

Message 44 of 73 (3,550 Views)

Community Manager

@nadgeuk1 Thanks for sharing what worked for you, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 45 of 73 (3,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THAT error is from putting a 64 bit dll into the space expecting a 32 bit version.    For me, a combination of the above answers worked: get the 32 bit version, and put it into windows/SysWow64 ... or, who knows, maybe I put a 64 bit version into SysWow64 .. anyway it eventually worked.

Message 46 of 73 (3,108 Views)

★★★ Newbie

God no, don't recommend that.     Very bad idea.

Message 47 of 73 (3,110 Views)

Re: MSCVP100.dll is missing - Origin.exe this program resolve alll problems?

★★★ Newbie

again, no.   You are recommending a 24 hour or more solution for a simple problem -- no windows update needed, no reinstall needed.   Find the right file and put it into the right place is very simple.    It would be great if EA would make this clear.

Message 48 of 73 (3,110 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Where do you find the MSCVP100.dll file?

Message 49 of 73 (3,007 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

What a bunch of * to deal with. I have been messing with this issue for several hours. It is not getting any better. Origin needs to fix this B.S. not us. Major flaw in their software and they dont do anything to fix it. I have 15 games I paid for that I can play. Origin please get this fixed. Its your fault. Fix it.

Message 50 of 73 (2,889 Views)