ME2 Redist error

by hopeful_frank1

Original Post

ME2 Redist error

★★★ Newbie

Ive had this issue for the past two years, since i upgraded to windows 10, and have just left it alone for most of this time. however i quite enjoyed the few hours i put into ME2 and would like to play it again. for the past 2 years every time ive tried to download ME2 its failed with an error about microsoft redits error creating process and an orgin error 327684:1, i would like help.

Message 1 of 2 (214 Views)

Re: ME2 Redist error

@hopeful_frank1 you may want to check if you have the respective redist. After Visual C++ 2008 redist, MS blocked the installation of the older versions over the newest version. And as there is no cumulative update, you are forced to install all the Visual C++ redist in the order of the release and in both x86 and x64 (if you are a gamer that plays a lot of old games).

You can see a decent guide here

Bottom line:

a. Uninstall the latest

b. Reinstall in order, both versions (x86 and x64 for each Visual C++ out there)

Additional stuff:

a. go to Control Panel

b. select Programs and Features

c. look in the left for Turn Windows features on or off

d. check .Net Framework 3.5 box and the Legacy Components box

Don't forget to add the Visual C++ 2017 afterwards

Both errors are linked to the Visual C++ redistributables (different versions needed, hence my recommendation to have all the released Visual C++ redist installed). It's a tedious process, but it needs to be done once (unless you reinstall the Windows and you will have to do it again in that case)

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 2 (199 Views)