[MAC] Origin servers temporarily unavailable

by Nylaara

Original Post

Re: Origin servers temporarily unavailable

★★ Novice

Im running on yosemite and it won't even let me download the sierra update. i guess my computer too old

Message 101 of 225 (1,181 Views)

@jaddavy

Which exact model Mac do you have?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 102 of 225 (1,163 Views)

[ Edited ]

Update 28/08/18 - Origin have released a new beta which has resolved this issue. If you are still running Yosemite please enable beta participation in Origin > Application Settings then quit and restart Origin.

Origin beta participation.png

EA are aware of this issue and currently working on a fix for it. It is affecting all those running OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite so if you can upgrade to Sierra/High Sierra do so as this will fix the problem for you.

If you cannot upgrade to Sierra or later then you will be able to upgrade to El Capitan. Instructions here on how to do so - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT206886

Hopefully a fix will be in the next beta version of Origin, with the public release not too far behind.

(marking this as solved for visibility and information purposes - BluebellFlora)

AHQSigImage.png
Message 103 of 225 (4,037 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the IMac OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5 (early 2009). When i try to upgrade it to the high sierra it won't work at all because this model is too old. I just don't want to WAIT lol Frown

Message 104 of 225 (1,133 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 105 of 225 (1,130 Views)

@jaddavy

The 2009 iMacs can be upgraded to El Capitan. Try that and see if it helps.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 106 of 225 (1,114 Views)

Re: [MAC] Origin servers temporarily unavailable

★★★ Novice

Also with me, on Mac running 10.10.5. After going through all of the troubleshooting steps, I was informed that this is a known and ongoing issue. Suggestion to upgrade to High Sierra is a non-starter for me, as it is not compatible with some work systems I rely on (and have no control over). If that is really the solution, then EA needs to update their system requirement specs to make that clear. My case was "escalated to the tech team." That sounded promising, but what it really means is that I have to "watch the forums to see if they resolve it" because "they won't contact me directly." So here I am....

And off topic, what genius picked the symbol of a hurricane as the logo for Origin? Do you want your customers to associate you with an out-of-control and destructive disaster? Really?

Message 107 of 225 (1,223 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Updating to High Sierra does NOT help. I've been told that we have to wait for the next origin update for it to be fixed.
Message 108 of 225 (1,219 Views)

@kansaschik105

If updating to High Sierra has not helped you then your issue is different from this one, as this is very specific and was introduced in the last update affecting all those running Yosemite. Try the suggestions in the Origin Mac thread, specifically the Download & Connection section - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Mac-Troubleshooting-amp-Info/td-p/5371637

AHQSigImage.png
Message 109 of 225 (1,260 Views)

★★ Novice
Ya honestly its a very frustrating issue that they didn’t address. And they don’t even update us that its a universal issue and their working on it
Message 110 of 225 (1,198 Views)